Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Tomahawk Stocks: Where are they??

976 Views 20 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  mikey t
I thought they were supposed to ship early July. It's now not quite September.

What's up with that?
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
283 Posts
Hey guys,
Sorry for the delay. Currently this is how it looks...
Volquartsen has had some trouble embedding their proprietary bed design into the Tomahawk Apache stock. I do not fully understand what the problem was other than that it was taking a great deal of time to figure out how to do this. Loooonger than anyone wanted.
I have been on the phone a great deal with Scott lately. At this point i fully expect that we will have stocks shipped in a week or less. It is unfortunate that it has taken this long. It has cost Tomahawk more money than we expected but we are confident that the wait will be worth it. We have also taken out ads in various magazines expecting that we would have inventory on hand to sell....
As for those who prepaid i am offering to finish your stocks free of charge. I do not like to keep people waiting and everyone has been very patient.

In addition it has been hard to contact me as i have been in the south around the hurricane on business.

Thanks,

A. Freeman

· Registered
242 Posts
Hi Adam,

Great offer! Thank you. I know that finishing takes some time. Can you estimate how much longer you'll need to keep the stock(s) to finish it/them? I know that's a tough question. Just looking for a general idea.

Thanks,

Mike Tuite

· Registered
283 Posts
Mike and Passinby,
The man that will be finishing them is located in Tennessee. He has finished stocks for Weatherby in the past and he has a nice outfit. I have seen his work and i planned on using him in the future to finish some stocks for me. At this point he has guys on hand waiting for the stocks from VC so that they can get started finishing the. The stocks will ship one at a time if needed from VC to our "finisher" and drop ship from there to the buyers. If it saves a day anywhere it is worth it to me to get the stocks out as SOON AS POSSIBLE.
He knows full well the boat i am in and i am sure he will get the stocks finished ASAP. I do not know exactly how long it will take him to finish them and i do not know how much it will cost me. The only request from me is "Get them done yesterday".
Thanks all,
Adam
PS. If you as one of those that pre-ordered (I know who you are) do not want your stock finished please accept 50% off a future stock from Tomahawk Stocks. Thanks and i will be emailing you all one at a time.

· Registered
522 Posts
Now that is an offer to please everyone I would think... I have sent an email sometime back and got no response back and figured you guys might be like a cat in the catbox:) The cats really do get busy when in there:)

So my question is, the stocks in question here, is it too late to get in line for one of the stocks offered for guys here on RFC??? I guess I would e considered somewhat of a newbie around here and with as much to read and follow online with everything here, I didn't see this offer until recently, when I did email you guys to see if its a possibility. Thanks for your time here as well...

· Registered
283 Posts
Rowdy,
At this time it is probably best to ask you to wait until we can get everyone else finished and on their way with their new Apache. Once we have done so i will make another great offer to RFC guys. I already have a good idea what it will be...
Thanks and please be patient, one way or another we will have product soon.

· Registered
522 Posts
Adam

I just got the email sent to me and I had posted the above before checking my email this afternoon. Thanks for taking the time getting back to me about this too. I will be glad to wait for someone else to get their stocks as they have already up'd the annie and all.

Being a newbie and all, it the least I can do here. I will try to find the post in a more timely manner on my part on this next go around too, for a stock as this for my new Volquartsen 22magnum, surely will fill the rifle out from the PIC's I see on your web site. Thanks again

· Registered
4,297 Posts
"Lefties"

I am sure we are included too in the finishing deal, we were promised an August delivery. No biggie, I'm still "Gatherin' 'spensive shiny stuff to plop into it when it does get here". :t Still can't wait though. :D

· Registered
2,163 Posts
I'm a business owner myself and I have to be first to stand up and say your offer to finish the stocks at your own cost is 100% more than any small biz owner would do, especially when you weren't responsible for the delays. Whats even better than that is your offer for 50% off ANY future stock order.... that is simply the cats pj's.

Your business ethics/methods are outstanding. If you plan to build stocks until your old and grey you've just built yourself a loyal repeating customer base with one fatal swoop of kind and generous gesture.

· Registered
283 Posts
Thanks guys, i appreciate your words.
It is tough to be stuck in the middle as i am. These stocks are a labor of love and believe me i never decided to turn them for money. At this point I realize that to finish the standing orders i will go in the hole! That is ok, i thought about it before i made the offer and decided that if i end up in the hole that i would just consider that part of the cost of doing business. That the good will from it would be a payback on the back end so to speak.
I believe that good relations with your customer is the number one reason for longevity in any business. I do not know how long Tomahawk Stocks will be in business but it will have good name as long as it is around.

· Registered
10,095 Posts
Kudos. I have to throw in with the guys that it is a very stand up thing you offer Adam. You are not the first stock seller on this forum to get stuck in the middle, but the other fellow - as nice a guy as he is - was unable to pull it off. With VQ in your corner, I am sure you will be able to.

Count me in for having mine finished prior to delivery.

Many thanks
Mark

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.