Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Tom Mix Special Model 100

826 Views 1 Reply 2 Participants Last post by  Tilton Hilton
I was browsing the 22's in a pawn shop and stumbled across a Tom Mix Special Model 100S. Not in great shape but still worth the price $50. My problem is the rear peep sight. I looked up in my "reference book"-Marlin Firearms, A HIstory of the guns and the company that made them, by William S. Brophy -every marlin collector should have this book. anyway, it states that the rifle came with a sighting disk that can be adjusted for elevation and windage. I have the mounting bracket but no disk-I looked on e-parts, they don't list one --if anyone has one or comes across one I would like to hear from you as to a purchase to complete the rifle as should be. It is a nice little single shot rifle and a credable addittion to my Marlin collection.

thanks
john
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
651 Posts
Hi John,
Do you know if the sight is the same as used on the Model 81's that came with factory aperature sights?
The Model 100's are nice little single shots. I came across a Crown Prince last year and bought it. I 'm not a Marlin Collector, but it was to nice of a rifle to pass on. Its in great condition with a wonderful walnut stock.
Jim

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.