Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend let me take his NEF 17 out with one box of shells.
Afterwards I went to the gun store and bought a Savage 17 bolt hmr. The 17 is a blast.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have the Savage also, it has become my favorite gun, outside of my Vaquero .44 mag.

Do the trigger and spring mod that longbeard posted, you will like it even more. :D

McCoy

·
Registered
148 Posts
Bo: Take a tip from me and buy some emery cloth and slick up the exterior of your bolt and the inside of the action-it makes a great improvement.

I have also been thinking that since the bolt was so rough on the outside, it might be rough inside, too. I have been considering taking it apart and slicking up the moving parts to decrease the lock time. Has anyone done this?

It just seems that no matter how tight those itty bitty holes cluster up on the target, I'm never satisfied!

·
Registered
327 Posts
I took mine apart and ran the extractors and firing pin over a piece of emery cloth on a glass plate to remove any protrusions. Naturally, I elected not to pay attention to the way the retaining clip notches and extractors came apart to make it a challenge.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.