Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was hoping someone could please measure the height of the Power Custom base, either the receiver mount or the receiver/barrel mount. Both a measure of the base height itself, and the height from the top of the barrel to the top of the base would be really helpful!
I kinda need this info for ordering rings and base from the States, and have been getting wildly varying measures. Midway says .350 and Power Custom says .437.....

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
kevral,

I have the Action Base which, as you know, goes out over the barrel.

There is a scope mounted right now, so I couldn't actually put my calipers directly on the base, but my best "eyeball" guess is that the base is ~0.440" above the receiver at the rear, and ~0.550" over the barrel at the front.

HTH..... gb

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hm.
.350 two votes (Midway and Fumbler)
.437 two votes (Power Custom and georgiaboy)

And Power Custom insists both types of base are of identical height.
I am not getting any less confused:)

·
Registered
5,131 Posts
kevral,

A 'possible' explanation for the 'two' different numbers:

0 .350" is the height from the top of the receiver to top of base.
0 .437" is the height from the top of the .920" barrel to top of base.
0 Difference: .087" 'drop' [top of the receiver to the top of the barrel] ;)

Or, there are 'two' PC bases....! ! :eek:
0 Old at .350" [four hole, receiver only] ? ?
0 New at .437" [six hole, receiver & barrel] ? ?

:confused: :confused: :confused:

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
clarification??:

Fumbler says "I have the reciever base too, but mine is flush with the front of the reciever."

But I said...... "I have the Action Base which, as you know, goes out over the barrel"..... This one's not the receiver base, it's the one which has the two extra screw holes for the barrel.

Somehow, there must be a difference in height between the two models??..... because, as I said..... mine measures .440" above the receiver (at the back) and .550 above the barrel (at the front).

The shorter base may well be .350" above the receiver, but this one is ~.440"...... I'm sure I'm not almost a full 1/10 off.... several thousandths, maybe even a hundredth.....

Just had a thought! (rare ;) )..... maybe the "smaller" (lower) measurement is to the bottom of the crossbolt groove?? I'll go measure mine, just for kicks....

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just got further feedback from Power Custom directly, as follows:

"I just measured the height with our caliper's and both the Rec. Mount and Action base are .432" high. We normally sand them so that removed the .005" on each one. Don't know what's up with Midway's numbers but, my caliper's are pretty close.
Thanks,
Randall Power"

Maybe the bases used to be lower? I really have no clue. But since I am ordering a base directly from PC I should be safe in assuming it's .432" high:)

Thanks a lot, everyone, for your input, I should be able to get a nice, low, scope height now! With a special thanks to Georgiaboy for the .550" figure, which was exactly what I needed!

Kev

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Hey, my vote is wrong.
I quickly looked it up on midwayusa.com and they gave the figure .350
I just measured it and it came to roughly 11 mm (.433 inch) so I, and Midway, are wrong.
I always wondered why it seemed like I had a little bit more clearance than I calculated before I bought the stuff...lol.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Joe,
I am looking at getting a Burris 4.5-14x42 AO scope (56 mm outer diameter I think) with Burris Sig Zee medium rings, which according to above calcs should work nicely.
Asked specifically about this in another thread but didnt get a straight answer:)

·
Registered
664 Posts
kevral

Remember, if you're using the Signature rings with the eccentric inserts, you'll be tilting the front bell down a little to boresight it. Make sure you allow for that.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Is it the height of the base overall or the height that the ring will mount to the base that we are talking about.
I just order the PC receiver base and medium signature rings for a 4200 6x-24x after all the good reviews on this base ring combo.

grannygun1

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.