Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a used TNZ barrel and stock I am looking to sell. I lost most of my intrest in 10/22s and selling off some stuff I dont need anymore.

Just curious what I should ask for the setup?

Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
6,719 Posts
The NIB TNZs are currently going for $650. That's what I got for mine last year. I'd look for $200-$300 for the stock, $150 for the barrel. Barrel price, simply because it is unique to the TNZ.

Personally, I'd use Ebay for the stock, with a $200 reserve, $300 "Buy It Now"

·
Registered
6,719 Posts
I do not know why the stock would bring so much other than it is a factory Ruger stock. Boyd's made a stock that looked just like it and it sold for around the $150 range but they did quit making them also.
Having owned both, I can safely say you are incorrect. The TNZ is actually quite a bit different. They share a straight grip of differing lengths and are both ambidextrous.

Additionally, you can no longer buy the Boyd's stock new other than the occasional strangely colored one off Gunbroker.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Having owned both, I can safely say you are incorrect. The TNZ is actually quite a bit different. They share a straight grip of differing lengths and are both ambidextrous.

Additionally, you can no longer buy the Boyd's stock new other than the occasional strangely colored one off Gunbroker.
I recently purchased a Boyd's ambidextrous stock from Bob's Gun Shop in Arkansas. I bought a semi-finished so I can play with it and possibly turn it into a TNZ; here is the link: http://www.gun-parts.com/rugerstocks/ You will need to scroll down a bit to Ambidextrous Stocks...

·
Registered
6,719 Posts
I recently purchased a Boyd's ambidextrous stock from Bob's Gun Shop in Arkansas. I bought a semi-finished so I can play with it and possibly turn it into a TNZ; here is the link: http://www.gun-parts.com/rugerstocks/ You will need to scroll down a bit to Ambidextrous Stocks...
$185 for an unfinished Smart Stock? Can you spell "overpriced"?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Tnz

The barrel is 20". I own two TNZ's LNIB. One has a sorta blue barrel with a blued receiver and the other is stainless. The guns are numbered to the factory boxes and there are some differences in these two TNZ's! By the way, they both have excellent triggers. The stocks are different when you set them side by side. The blued gun stock is thicker and a bit more rounded. I believe it was produced in 1999 and the stainless in 2000. They will both shoot wally world ammo into the same ragged hole at 25 yards from the bench. Hope the pic shows up.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.