Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Time to modify my Mark II F

640 7
I need help locating a couple parts to modify my mark II F. I did the trigger shim and polish and got the trigger really nice, but a good trigger aint going to be good if I cant line my eye up with the scope, I really hate these plastic stocks. Anyways I am going to buy a few little things to dress her up, but I have lots a questions so I will try to make them simple.

1. I remember seeing someone on here that had the accuriser cheek pad on his Mark II F, it looked decent, so im want to get that but are there others u guys would recomend??

2. I have seen those slip on holders that go on the stock that hold .22lr and .17 rounds but I cant find a place that sells them, anyone know where to get them?? I want it to cover up the nasty looks of the cheek pad

3. I want to get rid of the front sight but I dont want those ugle grooves when the sights get removed. I was thinking of a slip on muzzle break for airguns, but I dont know if there are other options, what would you guys do??

4. I have played a lot of airsoft over the years and one thing people have done to increase the stock strength was filled their hollow rifle stocks with that foam that comes in a can, would you guys think doing that would give me problems?? It seemed to work for them.

5. I also plan on making a stock that looks a lot like the stock on a M40A3 for this gun, I like the simple lines of the stock, not to much carving. But what kind of wood would be appropriate for this. I want something farily cheap.

6. How do I remove the front and rear sights on this gun?? should I just knock them out with a brass punch??

:D I know its a lot, but you guys have helped my soo much and I dont know anyone else to ask.

Thanks
And that
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
"3. I want to get rid of the front sight but I dont want those ugle grooves when the sights get removed. I was thinking of a slip on muzzle break for airguns, but I dont know if there are other options, what would you guys do??"

"Garsh, I hadn't thoughta that!!"

In my Beeman catalog, the "Universal" which is fitted with one of two shims (provided) and set in place with allen-head screws. Doesn't give the diameter of the "bore" end.

The Ported Muzzle Brake fits "air rifles with .568" barrel diameter like our Gold Service air rifles."

Might go to Beeman's website and look at their pics.

http://www.beeman.com/

RWS offered/still offers a Muzzle brake that hids the dovetail cuts. Look for their website, or try a vendor like PyramidAir... :bthumb:

And have fun!

·
Registered
804 Posts
I cut some threaded rod and used epoxy to fill the forearm of my stock. Much stiffer that way.

The 22 stock I made was from oak faced plywood. I wouldn't recommend that method. The core wood is too pulpy and it took some creativity to make a decent stock. Not to mention how hard it is to shape alternating layers of hard and soft wood with opposing grains.

The centerfire stock I made is 4 layers of beautiful clear straight birch laminated together. It's heavy. Also, I'm not sure how much you want to spend on the wood. The plywood was scrap lying around, but the birch was about $60.

Both came out nice. They are the same design. The 22 stock was pretty much an experiment to see if I liked the feel of the design so that I wouldn't be wasting the birch. You should be able to find pictures on here from the thread I started about it.

·
Registered
204 Posts
For making a replacement stock, you might consider just grabbing a short 2x6 piece of pine first - mock up what you want, make mistakes, etc.

I found it's cheaper in the long run (for me, at least) to do it that way; there always seems to be one or two details that trip me up and need to be addressed before I have a usable stock.

Of course, your mileage may vary...

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
I need help locating a couple parts to modify my mark II F. I did the trigger shim and polish and got the trigger really nice, but a good trigger aint going to be good if I cant line my eye up with the scope, I really hate these plastic stocks. Anyways I am going to buy a few little things to dress her up, but I have lots a questions so I will try to make them simple.

1. I remember seeing someone on here that had the accuriser cheek pad on his Mark II F, it looked decent, so im want to get that but are there others u guys would recomend??

Depending on the stock you build you may not need it.

2. I have seen those slip on holders that go on the stock that hold .22lr and .17 rounds but I cant find a place that sells them, anyone know where to get them?? I want it to cover up the nasty looks of the cheek pad

Can't help you here.

3. I want to get rid of the front sight but I dont want those ugle grooves when the sights get removed. I was thinking of a slip on muzzle break for airguns, but I dont know if there are other options, what would you guys do??

Unless you just want the flash hider drift out the front site and carefully grind the blade off just leaving the bottom to fill the gap.

4. I have played a lot of airsoft over the years and one thing people have done to increase the stock strength was filled their hollow rifle stocks with that foam that comes in a can, would you guys think doing that would give me problems?? It seemed to work for them.

Don't really no why you would need to do this with a rifle stock.

5. I also plan on making a stock that looks a lot like the stock on a M40A3 for this gun, I like the simple lines of the stock, not to much carving. But what kind of wood would be appropriate for this. I want something farily cheap.

When you start building stocks nothing is real cheap.

6. How do I remove the front and rear sights on this gun?? should I just knock them out with a brass punch??

Yes you would use a brass punch and drift them out.

:D I know its a lot, but you guys have helped my soo much and I dont know anyone else to ask.

Thanks
And that
Here is a stock to dress up your MKII F (uses same stock as the 93)

http://www.stockysstocks.com/servlet/the-25/boyds-evolution,-ruger-10-fdsh-22,/Detail

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
I like the Evo stock myself. Going to get one , one day hopefully before they run out. Funny thing is Boyds doesn't list them on there site. Makes me wonder if these on the market are a special run and not going to be repeated.

What I like about them more than anything is they can be used for both the heavy and the skinny barrel no problems.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.