Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well,this is my attempt to help out Joe by reducing some work for him.This click-clack was primed pretty good this month.Scores now.

25yds.
250-16x Mike Chappelear,Bassett,Va.(Pinball)
Ruger 10/22,Clark stainless barrel,Gatewood stock,
Weaver T36,SK Standard Plus ammo

50yds.
241-6X Mike Chappelear,Bassett,Va.(Pinball)
Ruger 10/22,Clark stainless barrel,Gatewood stock,
Weaver T36,SK Standard Plus ammo
I blew a really great score on the last row by shooting
(2) 8's.But it was like a window opened up a prime chance
for a good score in crummy weather.So maybe I got a
little faster than necessary.It was fun.:D
M.C.

·
Registered
20,556 Posts
Great scores Mike!
I went out yesterday and the best I could manage was a 249-13X with Lapua Midas L. I blew a shot on the second row...... going out Weds and try it again. JL

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Very nice work my Arch Enemy. ;)

Pinball, you have just gotta go enter some of the sanctioned matches with that squirt gun.

I know you are working on some other guns to do exactly that, but for the love of God man, you are gonna be in the top five easy with that Clacker, probably top three and maybe even win.

You owe it to JL at the very least, a 10/22 stalwart second only to yourself, and all who fight the good fight.

Just do it. :t GG

·
Registered
232 Posts
Mike, Gordo has it right about shooting your klic klac in a match. If you can shoot a 240 USBR score with cheap ammo you could very well shoot 250's in RBA or IR50/50. You may be holding a match winner in your hands right now. Your scores sure indicate that. There is a big differance in the .1" 10 ring and .25" 10 ring.
Just Do IT!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
That SK ammo is shooting pretty well too! I bought some to try last week. Shot some yesterday and it done pretty good, then I took my rifle down today and found out why it was not performing as usual. The front guard screw was loose and the stock was rubbing the barrel. I had it floated by a thin margin to begin with, so I guess the wood grew some with all the humidity. I went ahead and lowed the trigger to 8 oz. while I had it apart;)
Now I can't wait to see how she shoots. Now I can give that SK a real try out. It shot a bit better than Wolf MT for me?

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
I agree with GG, and this isn't the first time I've said this: Get that Ruger to a live match! I'd love to see the looks on the faces when you win a match.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Shot 2 25 yd targets so far and the best I made was a 250-15X. I'm gonna save the other two till I get some flags up.

10-22, Lilja bbl, Midway Sil Stock, Kidd trigger and Tasco 40X.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think I would feel like a fool pulling a 10/22 out of the case at an RBA match:( .But I'll give it some thought:eek: .
M.C.

·
Registered
20,556 Posts
Heck Pinball,

If they'd have some matches around here I'd shoot my 10/22 in a heartbeat. We're setting up a range now to shoot BR at but havn't decided on the format yet. The guy (Frank Terrell) who owns it has shot RBA and done very well.
I let him shoot my Ruger and he just shook his head and kept saying he didn't know a 10/22 could shoot that well. So I'm getting pretty stoked about shooting against some 1st rate shooters and equipment and seeing how I'll do. Ya' never know unless you try. JL

·
Registered
232 Posts
Mike, I understand what you are saying but I have gone to the range many times and had my 10/22's shoot just as good as any bolt rifles I had. My Rugers don't shoot quite as good as yours and I think that there are times that I would have been better off in a match shooting them. I seriously doubt any competitors at any match would look down on you for shooting a 10/22 and as well as you shoot yours, you might leave them talking to themselves.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Hey Mike, it's a built in excuse. No one is going to expect anything from a 10/22. I get the RBA results and most every match there is someone shooting a stock gun of one type or another, shooting in the 230's.

Hell, wear a Groucho mask or something. We won't tell if you don't. ;) GG

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Ron Hoehn still has a few cases of the Lapua Multi Match Ultra, but they will be gone very quickly. His number is 636-745-8144.

I know how you feel on the X count, was stuck at 15 myself for almost a year! GG

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.