Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have you been wanting to compete against others on the Forums, but don't want to "bench" it?
Are you a believer in "aim small, miss small" ?
Want to test yourself with that new rifle?
Would you rather compete with a handgun?

Why not join us in E-mail Silhouette ?
We have targets/classes for .22LR, .22Mag, & .17HMR!
Hows it work?
Simple: Just e-mail
[email protected]
for rules and targets.
Print out a set, and then run off copies (need extras for practice!).
Read the rules completely, shoot your targets at the listed ranges, then e-mail your scores back to me.
Its just that easy.

So,
any takers?

Many thanks to Antlers and BigMac for their contributions towards this project, it would not be possible without you!

·
Registered
726 Posts
Pistol Shooters take note!

Silhouette shooting with rimfire, and a special set of targets for pistols that are slightly larger than the Rifle targets.

Shoot Chickens at 44 yds, Pigs at 55yds, Turkeys at 82.5 yards, and Rams at 110 yards.

For Pistol shooters, the chicken target has a "sweet spot" about 1.5 inches around, with a little more room left and right. The Ram just about fills up an 8.5 x 11 inch sheet of paper. Nose to tail is a little over 10.5 inches and top of the back to the bottom is about 4 inches. Sounds like a lot of fun!

·
Registered
20,556 Posts
The biggest problem with this is that the PC crowd will be screaming that it's inhumaine to shoot a ram at 110 yards with a 22 rimfire...

Ron

·
Registered
20,556 Posts
PICKY, PICKY, PICKY....mebbe somebody ought to 'splain to em' its a paper pig...Hey, are they gonna have barn doors? I jus' might be able to hit one of those once in a while. Them lil' biddy chickens an' stuff don't have a thing to worry 'bout from me!
JL

·
Banned
1,160 Posts
hmmmm...ok, how the heck can I shoot 110 yards when our 100 yard range has a huge berm with target stantions exactly 100 yards from the firing line?? ( one cannot fire from behind the line, nor do I have a CAT to doze the berm back ten more yards.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

now if you wanna make it a nice tidy 300 yds..hehe.....:D

·
Registered
726 Posts
OBX, I told ya that 110 yard thing was going to get sticky!

Everyone else, just get the instructions and targets. Obx22 has addressed the 110 yard range problem in the instructions! You can shoot it at 100 yards.

And if Peta has any problems with our targets send them to me. Lots of new construction around here means plenty of new foundations being poured! ;)

·
Registered
20,556 Posts
I haven't seen anything on the 100/110 yard thing, but if worse comes to worse, I could reduce that one target by 1/11th and everyone could shoot at 100 instead.

Let me know, Warren...

Ron

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sure,
please note this when e-mailing your scores.
Take care,
warren

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.