Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have new TX! left hand 17hmr on the way. What is everyone using for scope mount? Any other accessories you all recommend out of the box? Going to be a woods gun for squirrel hunting.
As always looking forward to advice from this great group of rimfire shooters.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
I used Weaver #61 (48504) bases & Hawke 22112 low rings to mount a Nikon a Nikon P3 3-9x40 EFR scope on mine, later replaced it with a Weaver Grand Slam 4-16x44 SF scope using the same rings. I also bought a slightly longer Tikka T3x recoil pad (#S54065174) from Beretta for it. No other mods.

·
Premium Member
35,455 Posts
In addition to being drilled and tapped, the T1x receiver has an 11mm dovetail rail. Warne 7.3 rings would be an excellent choice for scope mounting using the dovetail.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I used the Warne dovetail rings. They’re labeled to fit a 3/8” dovetail, but if you flip the clamp over that side is for 11mm. That feature is poorly documented, not sure why.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Been going thru my glass and have decided that the Thor thermal is going on so I will need a 1913 Rail. Looks like that means DIP or EGW. Thanks for all the input. Like normal Rimfire Central folks are awesome.

·
Registered
770 Posts
An overlooked dovetail mount is the Burris Signature rimfire rings. They have the synthetic inserts which are available in different offsets so that the scope can be optically centered but also can be used for increased elevation. The best part of is that they do not leave ring marks on the scope. They come with two different sized clamping lugs, one for 3/8" dovetail or switch to the other one for 11mm dovetails.

drover

·
Registered
169 Posts
Have these on my T1X, and 10FP-SR and are very happy. 30mm MED height.
I lapped one set and glass bed the bottom half on the other. Bought from Amazon

Warne Scope Mounts 514M 30mm, PA, Medium Matte Rings, Multi, One Size
Sold by: DFW Shooting Sports LLC
Return window closed on Aug 21, 2021
$42.99

·
Registered
206 Posts
An overlooked dovetail mount is the Burris Signature rimfire rings. They have the synthetic inserts which are available in different offsets so that the scope can be optically centered but also can be used for increased elevation. The best part of is that they do not leave ring marks on the scope. They come with two different sized clamping lugs, one for 3/8" dovetail or switch to the other one for 11mm dovetails.

drover
Another vote for the Burris Signature with synthetic inserts. Use them on all my rimfires...except T1X after having a larger diameter match barrel installed. The medium rings provided about 1/8" clearance between the OEM barrel and 40 mm objective lens. It now has the DNZ Game Reaper 2- an excellent choice as well and they cost about the same as the Burris rings. The only issue I had with the Burris rings was that the provided screws are a tad short to initially catch the ring screw threads before the inserts are compressed. It could be done, but took a little fiddling to prevent cross-threading. Called Burris CS and they sent longer screws, no charge.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts