Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saturday morning my two brothers arrived at my house. I told them there were three items laying on my bed and they should go pick the one they wanted. Well upon seeing the rifles the first thing said was "they are all alike". So I explained why they were all alike. We then went to the computer room and I signed onto RFC. I showed them the targets and let them read the posts. Then they went back to my bedroom to select the one they wanted.

The determining factor for their selection was not the groups the rifles shot but the color & grain of the stocks!:D

The one brother calls a friend, whos family owns an island in the Susquehanna river, and asks if he wanted to go over to the island and shoot. Yes! So we load up my brothers Bronco and proceed to the friends house where we picked up the friend and boat. We boated over to the island and commenced to have a blast with the new rifles. We were there for about 6 hours, shot about 1200 rounds between smoke & drink breaks.

They told me they figered I was going to give them guns but had no idea it was going to be customized Ruger 10/22's. They thought I was going to make room in my safe by giving up other guns. Nothing in my safe is for sale or giveaway.:D

We then went to my house and ordered a ton of Chinese take out.

Everybody had a good time and the brothers are very happy with the presents.

And that's my report.

Regards Bill:)

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
very cool Bill, I just caught up on the required reading of your other posts, and this is an excellent idea. :)

John

·
Registered
302 Posts
Well of course they'd pick by color and grain; all of them seem to shoot perfect groups. My birthday is coming up in December...you know...just in case you wanted to know ;)

·
Registered
201 Posts
MAN, what a brother you are.....if you need any more brothers next time your giving guns away, I'LL volunteer.

I gave my brother a custom 10/22 and a Bench rest Cav-15 for X-Mas. Blew him away...he never expected them.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Bill,

I'll admit that when i saw your photo of the three finished, there was one I was more fond of over the others because of the stock!

Great job, glad everyone had a good time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.