Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the threads in my reciever are almost completely stripped. as of now only two screws hold in my scope. anyone know the thread size of the original holes and what solutions i can utilize to be able to use the other two holes??? :)

·
Registered
5,084 Posts
#6-48

Wyatt_Earp,

The drilling & tapping of almost ALL firearms for scope mounts is #6-48. The 'next' size is #8-40. This will require drilling & tapping the holes in your receiver for the larger size screws, AND opening the clearance holes and counter-bores in your mounting base for the larger screws.

Hope this helps...! ! :)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would most likely wish to keep the original screws. Anyone know anything about helicoils and the procedures that i can do to solve my predicament???

·
Registered
5,084 Posts
Helicoil Inserts in #6-48

Wyatt_Earp,

I do not believe there is a Helicoil insert made in #6-48 size...! ! Even if there were, you would still have to drill & tap for the inserts...! ! :eek:

"Brownells" offers 'oversize' .146"-48 x ½" #6-48 screws; these 'may' solve your problem, depending upon how badly your receiver holes are stripped out...? ? :confused:

Product Numbers:
#080-719-112: 1 dozen Fillister .146"-48 @ $6.55
#080-719-212: 1 dozen Weaver .146"-48 @ $6.55

#080-598-146: .146"-48 Taper Tap @ $14.54

Brownells < < Link

Hope this helps...! ! :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.