Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yes the reciever can be threaded, I think the bore dia. is .687 which is the correct size for a 3/4 - 16 thread. Of course when you do that you have to make a new barrel and cut the extracter slots. When you do all of this you really should face the bolt to set the recess in the bolt face at .0425 to .0435for minimum head space. You can also square the bolt so that the two pieces line up striaght.

This can go on and on, that's why I have four of then never ending amount of fun. I've restocked then, rebarreled them, worked on the triggers, there is always something to work on.

Just put a Green Mountain Octagonal barrel on one, refinished the stock, added an ebony forearm tip, looks great don't know how it shoots, Okla. had snow and temps in the low teens and I aint tuff enouhg to shoot in this kind of weather.:D

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks

Mr. Reinkeie-
Thanks for the quick reply. Could this process be done on a Green Mountain Barrel? The reason I ask is I have a Magnum and Hummer barrel for it and hoped to make it a switch barrel gun and wanted something easier than removing the V-block to change barrels.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Switch Barrel

Brian G.

The easiest way to make your rifle a switch barrel is to stay with the vee-block swstem. When go to a threaded barrel shank you would torque the barrel when it is installed in the reciever and this is usually done using a barrel vice and an action wrench. You would also have to worry about the alienment of the extracter slots, also like I mentioned you would have to have a custom barrel as the shank on the standard barrel is to small. In my opinion staying with the standard components is the simplest way to go.

Just my $0.02 worth, but then again it's amazing what you can do with money. I'll never know the meaning of this cause I anit ever had enough.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.