Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear Santa,
In looking at your catalog, it seems that the rifles you sell are built on threaded actions. If that's so do you sell the barreled actions or threaded receivers?

PS I've been really good so would like one in each size please....

·
Registered
585 Posts
Why not???

Seems like you'd get a LOT, and I mean a LOT
of business from rimfire nuts like most of us here! Always looking for a better platform, and quite honestly, it's hard to beat VQ!!!

If it's a proprietary issue with people selling their "buildups" as original VQ's, add a code to the serial number. Like XXXXXR for just the receiver was shipped from VQ, or XXXXXBA for barreled action, etc,etc.

I for one KNOW I'd buy one asap.

Sincerely,
GAU-2

p.s. price increase to cover the extra letters IS acceptable!

Sincerely,
GAU-2

·
Registered
104 Posts
re

We are looking at offering a threaded receiver for the 22lr but are holding off on the 22 WMR and 17 HMR as they require a little more work when building them up due to the pressures involved. We are looking at a couple of different options on this and the best way to avoid any possibly problems.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
GAU-2,

Think about it.... ;)

Someone buys a threaded Volquartsen receiver and adds their own Butler Creek Carbon Fiber threaded barrel to it.

Someone looks at the side of the receiver and sees Volquartsen. This person succeeds in shooting a 2" group at 50 yards with Wolf Match Target ammo.

Everyone at the range is wondering why they hear all of the hype about Volquartsen products and this guy just shot a 2" group with one.....

Although, it's not a Volquartsen....It's a Volquartsen receiver with a junk barrel.

Or, if you have a factory bolt in a Volquartsen receiver. If it hasn't been milled down to .043 on the face and shoots fliers all the time, people will start wondering.... :)

Just buy the whole rifle and save yourself some time and money. :D

You won't regret it! I've got 3 of them!!! :D :D

·
Registered
585 Posts
I'm not disagreeing with you

That's the exact reason I suggested a receiver code. It would tell you what the rifle/receiver was when it was shipped. There's GOT to be some way to mark these things so noone can claim it was a complete rifle direct from VQ. No matter what happens with it, I feel it's a shame that NOONE is offering "just" Magnum type receivers to the open market! Heck, What if you want the pride of DIY, regardless of whether it's cheaper, or more expensive than a VQ? but with a VQ receiver, at least you are assured the best receiver to start from!

sincerely,
GAU-2

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
They've already got coding on their receivers....

The receivers start with FTXXX

and the complete rifles start with PXXX (if I remember correctly).

I'll check mine out and let you know later....

:D

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Geez guys, I didn't want to open a can of worms (I'm a flyfisherman).
I can't imagine anyone putting a POS barrel on a VQ action; and I wouldn't have a problem with buying a complete action if that's what it takes to get it threaded. The mag and hummer SHOuld be threaded if the pressures are that much greater. I wasn't thinking about any savings, I'm just interested in putting my stock on the thing, and i want to start with the absolute best platform. I've worked with composites and wood, and have some ideas (run away!, run away!)

best
Len the Trout Troll

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.