Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,113 Posts
I have a RAR 22" barrel mag with a Leupold VX Freedom EFR on it. I also have a RAR 22lr with a Redfield moa reticle on it. I will give you my opinion. I would rather have a mil dot reticle than a moa as for me the moa just has too many lines too close together. Now the EFR actually goes down to 10 yards or a little less. I have a VX2 and like it better. The glass in the Freedom is as good IMO but the ao adjusting ring rotates over 1 and 1/2 turns and you have to rotate it almost 360*to go from min to max while on the VX2 you only have to rotate the focus ring about 120* The duplex works better for me with my 68 year old eyes but that is just me. Another thing I noticed on the EFR Freedom is that the turrets are a little mushy. They actually have a small amount of slack when you reverse direction and the turret will stick and break loose and you feel a click but haven't moved the turret on the first click. The scope works well and I like it because neither of these issues are a problem I just wanted to mention in case you have a VX2 and expect it to operate the same. The Redfield I have on my 22lr has exposed turrets so I don't use the moa reticle.

·
Premium Member
1,113 Posts
Not trying to change the subject here but did you consider the 17wsm? Zero at 50, a little over a half inch high at 100 and dead on again at 140 yards. And wind drift a fraction of the 22 mag. I have both and if I plan on varmint hunting at 100 yards plus I take the 17 wsm. I usually only use the 22 mag for hunting in the woods. Don't really need a moa reticle with the 17 wsm. Now if you get a 17 wsm you probably will want a little more magnification. Please understand I am in no way trying to talk you out of the 22 mag. I just want to point another option. I have both and they both have their purpose and would not want to give either of them up.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.