Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have experiece with this? How does it compare to MiniMags, Dynapoints, or Wolf MT? I got a brick from C&S Accuracy and the price is livable.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I use Trainer to practice with all the time. I find it very close to Tenex. It's not exactly practical to shoot Benchrest Gold or Tenex Gold all the time, plus my suppies are getting low. I have tried the newer EPS, both Tenex and Match. If you check Eley's website you'll find that Trainer and Practice are made to be similiar to the higher dollar stuff.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The web addr for C&S Accuracy is: http://benchrest.com/csaccuracy/index.html . They have all of the Eley ammo, even though it is not all listed. I dealt with Bob Collins, who seems like an avid 22 shooter. Their dealing was fast and friendly.

I shot a good bit yesterday, about 6 boxes. I shot some Eley Trainer, Biathalon Sport, Match EPS, Wolf MT, CCI Blazer (shelf clearing), and Aguila SE.

As you guys pointed out before, the first 5 to 10 rounds with a new bullet there are fliers due to new lubricant in the bore, then the new bullets settle in, so I used the first 10 rounds to resite the scope on ammo changes (I never had a gun and scope good enough to tell this till last year). I didn't get to measuring groups, just eyeballing. I could tell the difference with Match EPS, smallest 10 shot group(but not enough diff. to make me pay the price). Trainer, Biathalon Sport and Wolf MT, all close. The Aguila acquited itself well, not quite with the Trainer and Wolf. CCI Blazer came in last, but a good round for $8 a brick. I saw a post that since the Federal CCI merger, someone saw Federal Lightning looking bullets in CCI Blazer box they bought, I am not planning to go there.

I like this $1.50 - 2 per box ammo much better than bulk packs (except Dynapoints). I plan to settle in on CCI MiniMags, Wolf MT, Eley Trainer, Dynapoints, and Aguila SE (if I got a good deal on some at a gun show, nobody stocks them around here).

Rich

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.