Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Those fed 510's

1699 40
I am not sure they sell them up here in Sault Ste. Marie, Mi. What color box? Are these loose in the box or boxed up? I have had pretty good luck with fedeal champions.......the ones boxed up........not the loose ones. They come in a bluish green box? Do or would I ask for federal 510's?:whistle:
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
58,007 Posts
I am not sure they sell them up here in Sault Ste. Marie, Mi. What color box? Are these loose in the box or boxed up? I have had pretty good luck with fedeal champions.......the ones boxed up........not the loose ones. They come in a bluish green box? Do or would I ask for federal 510's?:whistle:
The ones I and most others have had good luck with are boxes of 50 in a Blue/Gray box marked Federal Champion 510, often sold in Wal-mart for 1.28 per 50.

Gerald

·
Registered
364 Posts
The ones I and most others have had good luck with are boxes of 50 in a Blue/Gray box marked Federal Champion 510, often sold in Wal-mart for 1.28 per 50.

Gerald
On June 1st, I went to our local Walmart and ordered a case of 510. Today July 3rd, I get a call telling me that my ammo came in. When I got there, my case was four bricks. Yes, the case was a small unopened carton containing only four bricks, rather than the ten bricks like a case of 510's I bought a couple of years ago at Academy, when the were $.99. If anyone orders a case of 510's, ask how many you will be getting! :eek:

·
Registered
288 Posts
I asked for 5 boxes of Fed 510s and got blank stares from 3 WW employees. Finally, they just let me behind the counter to point to what i wanted. I think if you go to ask for some, just ask for the Federal solids, as some seem to know what these are. I like the way the 510s are packaged for such a cheap ammo, the plastic "rack" keeps the nose in good shape...

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Oooooor you could have managed to find some of the stellar examples of humanity that WW manages to dig up from somewhere. That would also be entirely possible.

I agree about the packaging, for cheap ammo it shoots quite well from my American, and seems to be quite consistent.

·
Premium Member
58,007 Posts
That is good information to have, my last foray to Wally World I had a very determined young lady do all in her power to get the manager to at least call back to sporting goods, no dice. She was mad, said the brass constantly preaches service to the employees and then won't even call, she checked to see if he had an appointment or such before she tried to reach him. Good on her, pooh on him, hopefully she ends up with a company that deserves her.

Gerald

·
Registered
318 Posts
Perhaps the ammo your shooting is the #510. 510 should be wrtiten on the box. Perhaps you've checked this already. Where are you purchasing it?

I purchased a brick from "Wholesale Sports" in Calgary the other day. It cost $CDN 15.99. The item is not listed on their website, but if you were to order, the SKU# is 92769

·
Registered
13 Posts
Spent three lunch hours at my local WW in an attempt to order an unbroken case of the 510 ammunition. Not even a floor employee could be rounded up, much less a manager. That Saturday I had to visit a WW about four miles from the other store. Manager was not available (vacation) so I left my business card and a description of what I was after. Lo and behold I get a call at work about a week later from the WW sporting goods manager, a very polite , professional female. She informed me that my case of ammunition had arrived and I could pick it up at my convenience! Guess I know which WW to give my business to now!

·
Registered
364 Posts
For those who don't read and understand so well, I'll say it again. They produced an unopened cardboard box, which they cut open in my presence. Four Bricks, or two thousand .22 lr. cartridges.

There's a little more to the story:

I originally ordered the case on June 1, 2008. They said it would be about two weeks. I returned on June 14th and they could find no record of the order and could not determine that any was scheduled in. They said that they would re-order.

In an effort to appease me, the told me that they had received some other .22lr ammo, and pointed toward an unopened case of AM-22, something I had never before seen in a Walmart, and I frequent quite a few of them.

On the outside of the carton was stamped $10.40 each. I told the guy I would take the case. He rang it up, and it came out to a lot more than $10.40 per box. I asked what he was charging per box, and he said that the price was $14.50 each. I pointed out that the marked price was $10.40, but he wouldn't budge, the computer said $14.50, and that was the bottom line. I passed on the AM-22.

Fast forward to the day I finally got my 510's. The clerk called me on my cell phone and I was there at the counter in less than fifteen minutes. He began to ring up the four bricks, when I noticed there were also some loose boxes of 510's on the shelf, and I asked how many there were. He counted and there were exactly forty loose boxes, or one other case. I told him that I would take them all.

The look on this guy's face was priceless. You'd have thought that he was going to have to pay the tab. I mean it really rained on his parade. I guess that after he went to the trouble to empty out four bricks and stack the contents, he felt he was entitled to keep them around for a while. I'll never understand why they insist on stocking only boxes without leaving anything in bricks.

510's are good ammo, and at $1.28 per box, a good value, but getting them at that price can be a real adventure.

·
Premium Member
58,007 Posts
Well I'm not holding my breath but I went to the customer service counter at WW today and asked to speak to the manager, "why", because I want to order 100 boxes of .22lr ammunition. Pages manager, manager calls, clerk talks to manager, asks me to write down exactly what I want. I carefully print just exactly what I want and my name and cell phone number, "we'll call you when it comes in", we'll see if this works. The wife gave me another mouth to feed (Browning BLR-22 Grade II) today so I'm really going to need it.

Gerald

·
Premium Member
2,668 Posts
I think if you go to ask for some, just ask for the Federal solids, as some seem to know what these are.
In my WM, nobody knows what anything is. I always have to point.

And for some reason they don't want to sell me a brick of 510; they always want to sell them to me by the box. The last time I asked for it, the shelf was empty but the clerk pulled up a brick from behind the counter. He insisted he had to break it open and scan each box individually. At least I got him to put all the individual boxes back in the brick when he was done. He even gave me a piece of tape to reseal it. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
193 Posts
Boxes, one by one....

My WM tried to do the same thing... Luckily the people at my local WM are friendly people. I asked if he could try scanning the UPC on the Brick. Lo and behold, as if my magic... $12.80 appeared on the screen. The guy looked at me like I was standing there in a Merlin costume:D ( guess I'll have to see if it works on whole cases now :p
-Bob

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.