Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

This Months Free Ammo Haul

2K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  Spats McGee 
#1 ·

Not as much as I had hoped for, was hoping for a couple of slightly depleted bulk packs as I'm in need of some blasting ammo. But, the quality on this lot is a little better than average maybe....More next month!

See less See more
#4 ·
The Wildcats and the Thunderbolts are the only real "low end" stuff in there. I'll run that through my AR with CMMG conversion shooting steel, it's fine for that. The rest of it is pretty decent. The OLD Wildcats--those are from the 1980's based on the brick colors, were pretty decent stuff....40 grain, Lead HV. I was kinda hoping for a carton of Federal Auto Match, see it fairly often since it's sold at Walmart, not this time....The American Eagle is in those "sneaky" 40 round boxes....Can't complain much, price was right!

#8 ·
I work in a gun store and every once in a while we'll have widows come in with some of their deceased husband's old ammo that they want us to get rid of. A lot of times it's just junk but sometimes it's neat old boxes or older ammo that's still good. One of the better ones was a lady who brought in some ammo that included two full sleeves of 500 rounds of Federal .22lr that was from Alco with a price tag of 54 cents still on the boxes.

#11 ·
500 rounds of Federal .22lr that was from Alco with a price tag of 54 cents still on the boxes.
Geez. I think that's a late 1960s price. I faintly remember 22 ammo being about 50 cents a box back then. That was when you only had local gun stores or hardware stores in town as ammo sellers. No discount stores or shopping malls back then. You did your shopping in town.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.