Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Because of this forum I now have two cz specials!!!

I've been lurking on this forum some time now and have bought two specials in the last year or so. I bought the first special and after mounting a scope had to have another in order to be able to shoot with cz's open sights.

I have been shooting at 50 yards sitting and without a rest on the NRA 50 yd smallbore target. With open sights on the first day I managed shooting to shoot a 95. My second try managed a top ten rnd score of 96. I think I've got a lot of rounds before I luck up on a 100.

So far I'm using Rem. Bulk copperplate hp that everyone here seems to hate but I caught them on sale @ 6.99 per 525 rnds.

I've learned you can set the sight between notchs for minor elevation adjustment and there is enought tension to hold the sight in place for a string of fire.

I really like the cz specials, far more than any .22 I've owned including the old model Kimbers or Ruger 77/22. And eventhough so far I havent seriously tried them from the bench they seem to shoot as well as anything I've owned and with
bargain ammo.

P.S. I really appreciate all the information gained here on this forum and the shared experiences!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Welcome to the "club". If you are happy with the bucket Remingtons, use them - just beware that the next bucket you buy may be really different.

You need a Brookie trigger kit or btompkins adjustable sear and you will be ready to roll.

Good luck with your rifles.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I echo stray round's comments and thanks. As someone recently returning to firearms after more than ten years the choices these days are amazing. This forum, more than any other single resource, contributed to my decision to also pick up a CZ 452 Special (The trigger kit is on the way.).

Thanks again to everyone for their thoughtful comments and suggestions.

Related topic:
Has anyone considered trying to distill the knowledge reflected here into a single CZ452 FAQ? A substantial project, but a worthy resource if someone has the time.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
rwc said:

Related topic:
Has anyone considered trying to distill the knowledge reflected here into a single CZ452 FAQ? A substantial project, but a worthy resource if someone has the time.
I wrote one a while back - it is in need of updating but also full of still useful information. You can get it on my website - just click on the CZ 452 FAQ link.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Tompkins sear

Go to [email protected] - his sear and a
change of the trigger spring, and brookie will tell
you, it is like a totally different rifle. Now if Jim
Wilmer (sp??) will come visit and we can all get
a safety for our 452's that works as it should,
all will truly be wonderful!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.