Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
10/22's completed.

For a description of the rifles see this thread:
First of three identical 10/22's completed

To view the targets shot with the Second rifle see this thread:
Second of three identical

I assembled the Third of Three, Friday night and took it to the range on Sunday.

I was not shooting too well on Sunday and the targets show it. I am positive that a really good shooter (not me) such as Chief Dave could make all three of the rifles perform much better than I am capable of. Anyway I have no doubt my brothers will be very pleased with their present.

Regards Bill:)

1. 0.288 Wolf Match Extra
  2. 0.319 Winchester Dynapoint
  3. 0.371 Eley Tenex Ultimate EPS
  4. 0.422 Remington Golden Bullet
  5. 0.488 Lapua Midas L
  6. 0.528 Lapua Midas M
  7. 0.592 CCI Standard (Blue & White Box)
  8. 0.610 CCI Green Tag
  9. 0.649 Wolf Match Target

The Rifles, First, Second & Third top to bottom.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Did you break in the barrels?
Tenspot,

No I did not. I cleaned the new barrel with Butches Bore Shine until a patch came out clean. Then oiled it with Butches Gun Oil. Went to the range for sight in. First I shot Remington Golden Bullets to break in the action, until misfires & misfeeds ceased, about 5 magazines worth. Then using CCI Standard (Blue & White box) I shot it in at 25 yards. Once shot in I fired 3 or 4 magazines of CCI Standard. Then started with the different ammo by loading a magazine and shooting it. I moved from one ammo type to another without fouling shots or cleaning. This was the same procedure, if you can call it a procedure, used with all three of these rifles.

However if I were into formal competition I would definately use a more acceptable break in routine.

Why 3 exact copies?
WhiteDog,

One for me and one each as birthday presents for two of my brothers. I am hoping that these rifles will be passed down from generation to generation within the family. Hope springs eternal.

·
Registered
20,556 Posts
Bill..

Wouldn't it have just saved a lot of time to make these last two threads for the last two guns and just type: "Ditto" in the thread?

:D :D :D

Sorry...couldn't resist that. :D

So. Which one are you gona keep? ;)

Ron

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ron,

If I had done the "ditto" thing there wouldn't have been enough work to give me the satisfaction of completion.:D For me, most of the time, it is the journey rather than the arrival.

I am going to let the brothers see the targets and fight over the one they want. When the dust clears what is left is mine.

====================================================================

corpis66,

Nice try dude!

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Man I envious because that looks almost like the rifle i had to watch being crushed in 1996.

@ you've got three of them and your such show of with the targets. I supose haveing three makes sense if you were gonna hit say a thousand rabbits in one sitting or if you have two more clones of yourself.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
AZZA,

Two of them are presents for my brothers. To be presented this coming Saturday.

I don't think I could stand by and watch a rifle like this being destroyed for no other reason than "fear of firearms". The person behind the firearm is the one to fear, not the tool itself.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Zircon said:
Looks to me like you won't be any worse off with "sloppy thirds." :D

Nice job! :t :t

Zirc
Zircon,

Thank you! And I do agree about the "sloppy thirds".

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.