Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 10/22 T. And have been thinking of some upgrades for it. What is the best bang for the buck as far as barrels go? Would like ss if possible. Also What about a custom stock? I also shoot lefty. Those black and yellow ones I read about sound cool. What is the price on them?
I am new here also so Hi to everyone and help me out some.

Thank

·
Registered
194 Posts
I would say that green mountain barrels are pretty good for the cash... not sure about stocks though... I am unsure of pricing on them...

·
Registered
200 Posts
Welcome to RFC! The general thought that the best value for the money on a barrel is a Green Mountain Barrel. They are available from Stafford Sales another sponsor of RFC, his banner ad is on the RFC forums page. Revival makes several models and colors of stocks for lefties. The black and yellow stocks come in three different variations and the info is on www.revivalindustries.com/RFCspecial.html .

Hope this helps.

Ed
Revival :t

·
Registered
555 Posts
:Welcome:

Welcome to RFC. Green Mountain barrels get a lot of praise on this forum for best bang for the buck. I really like all of mine. They are well made and very accurate. There is a lot of info on custom stocks on this site as well. Look at the sponsor's area to see what they offer and use the search feature to review posts of other members experiences. The sponsers I have dealt with have been great. Hopefully some of the leftys will give you some specifics on their stocks.

If you don't find specific answers to your questions, be sure to ask. Folks here are very helpful. Oh yeah, hang on to your wallet! Modifying 10/22s is addictive!! :D

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
I agree with Ed, the best quality for $$ ratio in Stainless steel barrels is Green Mountain. Stafford Sales will have the best price.

Volquartsen, Lilja, & Shilen also make very high quality stainless steel barrels. Most folks will consider those brands to be the "best of the best". Be prepared to pay 2 to 4 times the price of the Green Mountain products.

As far as laminate stocks. My favorite are Revival. Great fit & finish on their stocks. Boyd's also make a quality stock. They recently announced a promotion on lefty stocks (it's in a thread further down the page.)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.