Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

The Watering Hole

303262 Views 18170 Replies 115 Participants Last post by  Boilerjack22
WELCOME TO THE WATERING HOLE

A stress-free place to gather and share whatever is on your mind! A fun place of mutual respect where you can hang your hat, vent, relax and shoot the bull for a while!

Happy Easter to all who celebrate that faith.

To all others, Happy Spring!

Easter symbolizes a new beginning, so it is fitting that TWH has a new beginning as well!
Along with RFC, TWH has been remodeled!

Actually, it can be anything you imagine it to be!

I am happy to announce that due to the increased bandwidth of the new RFC, there is no longer a need for the weekly closing and re-opening of TWH!!! After 10+ years of weekly "flipping" we now get to keep the doors open continuously! My sincere thanks to our moderators, especially Sophia, for making this possible!

I would also like to thank all the members who have kept this boat afloat for so long! We have become like family here, and now have a permanent residence! (y) While we have many long-time members who have been enjoying the company found in this amazing virtual bar, we also welcome all new folks. Jump right in! The first drink is always on the house and Veterans always have an open bar!
Al The Infidel (Tubby Slayer extraordinaire) is the bar manager.

So, let's get this re-opening celebration going! Set 'em up, Al! Drinks all around!!!
14181 - 14200 of 18171 Posts

· Registered
8,282 Posts
I installed many faucets while doing repairs, remodels and new house builds over the years and had the opportunity to experience many different types and the troubles that go with them. I chose the simplest easiest to fix Deltas to install here, very easy and fast to replace parts. Two knob versions too, even simpler, no balancing valve parts, no temperature regulators no nothing. More complex equals sooner broken. The only wear parts are a rubber cup seal and a spring that goes beneath it. 24 years on them now and functioning like new.

My water stops are all bad, the quarter turn valves with the nylon ball insides hadn't been put on the market yet in 1998 and my stops are the conventional metal guts type. They are all seized up with minerals and corrosion and won't move, if I need to turn off the pressure I have to run out to the shutoff by the meter box. That PVC shutoff is all plastic quarter turn.

· Premium Member
4,492 Posts
Where and how are you mounting the heater box? Have a link to the little fuel oil heater?
It'll be installed under the bed , in a locker. I'll post more as I geaux along.

Attachments

· Premium Member
3,085 Posts
Those red devils are truly evil. Don't know if they are faster than gray squirrels, but they sure win in the diabolical catagory. Grays generally get a pass around here, but red devils are handled with extreme prejudice. The reds usually are removed pemanantely, as the get in the garage and cause damage. They love chewing on vehicle wires. Had a friend get some in her attic and caused big problems. Unfortunately she hired a squirrel exterminator for $2K before she spoke to me. At that rate, Al could make a road trip.
Ya ever notice, you won't see reds and greys together. A small red will run a gray down and de --- him. Make him a gelding. When a red shows up the grays run off quick. Don't get eviler than that. :eek:

· Premium Member
3,889 Posts
It'll be installed under the bed , in a locker. I'll post more as I geaux along.
I found the website from you earlier photo. That would be nice to have in the boat for cold weather fishing. We run infrared heaters now but messing with propane cylinders and getting them filled is a pain. Not to mention burnt holes in waders from getting too close.

· Premium Member
3,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14,191 ·
Howdy all! I had a great birthday and birthday night last night. Went to dinner at a nice restaurant with PBC and had an amazing veal chop! The rest of the night was perfect!

Work did come awful early this morning though!!! 😬

R

· Premium Member
10,736 Posts
Goodnight Gigi, Sophia, Jetgirl, Al, Rhody, Don, mdew, wook, blackwolfe, Alum, GF, Sail, TD, Szumi, COW, Wayne, Gobb, Ranger, Hawkeye, Atonic, W8LON, Darkest, pans, efly, Phil, TinCan, Greggie, Mike, Rock, dlong, Gerald, M92, AZ, Tricks, Brent, jnyork, OldDave, nfcracin, GP, JDWin, Whip, RichJ, squirrel, syfr, JVStalin, zenaca, 404, Wade, koonta, acheyj, vlnbyr, rosscoe, arjay, Flys, wr, labratt, RonL, 1917, Carrij, Mikey, JimWY, Johnny, rj, Rick, calibrian, Lt Crunch, Bugeye,Gobbler, DrGunner, Tiger-ock, LASTSHOT and all the rest.

Sleep tight :sleeping

Those no longer with us. Mayor, Ron, Dean, Marilyn, Noremf, flynmoose and David. We will meet again.

· Registered
980 Posts
In between everything else accomplished today, prepared and primed 100 5.56 casings for another go around. 👍 All signed up for another PRS match in three weeks so need all the practice I can squeeze in, so LRS tomorrow at the range. During addition of the MDT Baker Wings to my PRS rifles, needed to remove one set of weights attached to the rifle forearms, but added one of the pair back on. Things are good but decided to add the other one of the two weights back onto both rifles. Each individual weight is almost eight ounces, but when they’re installed in the right place they do make for a nice improvement in overall balance and recoil management. 🤔 After having added the previously removed weight, I found it was easier and with less bobbling to hold the rifle freehand and standing sans tucking the support arm elbow into the rib cage (which is very difficult for me to accomplish).

· Premium Member
3,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14,195 ·
TD,
Just to let you know, I do read all of your posts about your shooting competitions. I am amazed at how dedicated you are to them. I used to do all of the things that you talk about, and did so for about 20 years. Three gun came along after I had stopped shooting IDPA and international practical pistol competitions and had started CAS which is still three gun but pre-1890!

I wish you great success in your endeavors. Having just turned 65 yesterday, I am in awe of your dedication and ability! Not saying you are old but I know you ain't a kid anymore! 🙂

I am only writing this because I think it every time I read your posts but have never taken the time to express it!

You go man!!! 👍

R

· Registered
2,859 Posts
Production was good in the warm weather yesterday. All of the cannas [lilies] have now been whacked to ground level and bagged for removal by the city. Our trash day is being changed from Thursday to Friday, beginning next week, so we will begin starting the weekends w/an empty wheeled container, but bulk pick-up will remain unchanged, so can start doing that on this Thursday, for the month. The rates have recently gone up, a lot. So has the cost of diesel. Tis nothing compared to whot will happen if some folks get their way w/going green. Can't say that I look forward to being electrocuted, in that manner. How many D cells to run a garbage truck? Well, Pard, that's too many, yano.

I'm being clobbered by spam calls, and 'reach outs' by entities w/less than the best intentions. I choose to ignore them even tho they validate wot we R continuously confronted with... in the way of nonsense and skullduggery. Will say/note that there is a decided absence of Nigerian princesses these days. Guess they all must have received their inheritances when oil went up over 100 $US a barrel, ya think? 😄Oh, wait, that was some poor chump the next state over that was made the bag man for that entire enterprise/ruse. I doubt the money he got out ofvit will cover his atty. fees.

Temp peaked at 79 yesterday. It's 1:30 A presently and it's 41 and dropping like a stone w/winds N 18 G 35. RH holding steady at just over 60%. Chill factor is 32. Jack is enjoying being frisky in his rounds at present. 43-degree temp swings [that's what it will be, come dawn, perhaps more] in a short period of time are known to affect some folks' sinuses. Mine are behaving as well as can be expected, tho not unaware. Joints too, so having a glass of tonic and hoping it werks some magic during the course of the night. Also hoping this present blow subsides some by the afternoon, otherwise it's gonna B tough cookies when shooting. And worrying some clay targets will happen, regardless of the weather conditions. It's a wonderful, and to my way of thinking, happy diversion... as is bench time, be it loading shotshells & CF ammo or shooting at Green Monsters or 23's w/RF's worthy of range time.

It's 39 outside now and the chill factor is 30. Glad the furnace is werkin' and that there is natural gas in the line. Not all are that lucky. For the short term anyway, we can still get it, tho it's a LOT higher than it used to B. Expect the same holds true for heating oil and propane. Energy is expensive, no? Mine, on a personal level, is being challenged at rates not experienced prior to recent viral [of the infectious sort] events. Take that where you will. Just saying.

14181 - 14200 of 18171 Posts