Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
14141 - 14160 of 17949 Posts

· Premium Member
3,387 Posts
Got a fair amount of yard werk done yesterday. Had some joints balking and just toughed it out. Hey, it just goes w/the territory, given my age and a yute that should have/could have been life ending... on numerous occasions. Some of those misadventures have been floating to the surface again, recently. Thot I had them thoroughly buried and forgotten. Nope, ain't that lucky, some have went and dusted themselves off and stared me down to recall just how close it was. It's only by the Grace of God, that I am still here.

I can relate to the misadventure experience and that I too am still here by the only by the Grace of God.

· Premium Member
3,387 Posts
Weasels say a high of 57°A today. Rain this afternoon before the temperature plummets overnight to freezing levels accompanied by fairly windy conditions. Sounds like some parts of the country could get some wild weather later today. Hope that all stay safe.

· Premium Member
7,853 Posts
31 degrees, snow is forecast by noon...
Brrrr.!!

It might be time to go uptown (on a 3 hour tour) in a shopping expedition.
I've been saving the shopping for a rainy day...this'll do.

Sky Building Cloud Plant Natural landscape

Have a great day, y'all
(y)

· Premium Member
37,658 Posts
Ancient $5 gold piece is a hit. Joolers tomorrow to get it mounted and on a chain She already has. She liked the award Splatz.
No answer from the seamstress shop where 3pr of pants were dropped off weeks ago and sposed to be ready inna week. Bah, humbug!

Nuttin but snow on the radar so it'll be interesting @ 38ºF.

· Premium Member
4,491 Posts
Pump and sand filter from disposed of pool removed from back yard. Buried center drain pipe dug up, cut up, and disposed of. Resulting trench filled with sand from the filter.

Karen wants me to leave the electrical outlet alone.

Reactions: Blackwolfe

· Premium Member
7,853 Posts
Snowing now.

Oh, well...

· Premium Member
3,387 Posts
Leaky kitchen faucet is apart. Heading out with pieces in hand. Hope only one trip does it. But have been down that road before.:horse:

I start my plumbing misadventures early in the day so I can make multiple trips to the hardware and plumbing supply stores before they close for the night.

This tool, or one similar would have saved me a lot of grief, but didn't have one at the time.

· Registered
964 Posts
Cool but sunny today with bunches of rain come this Thursday, Friday, and Saturday along with two feet of snow up in Yosemite Valley, so great day to do massive yard work this morning. Still will be no rain tomorrow so LRS Wednesday morning. Wifey needs to run errands this morning so out we go with a breakfast stop along the way.

· Premium Member
6,530 Posts
Ancient $5 gold piece is a hit. Joolers tomorrow to get it mounted and on a chain She already has. She liked the award Splatz.
No answer from the seamstress shop where 3pr of pants were dropped off weeks ago and sposed to be ready inna week. Bah, humbug!

Nuttin but snow on the radar so it'll be interesting @ 38ºF.
I thought you already made the necklace and had it hidden in the house. Whats up with that?

· Premium Member
4,491 Posts
My diesel heater arrived early. I've planned the location of the heater, and the fuel tank. Figured about how I'm going to route the exhaust.
Got my big contractor's drill out. It's cable is making crackling sounds when straightened. 😲 The Jacob's Chuck was frozen in place, half open/closed. I soaked it in MFT Gun oil and worked it back and forth. Cleaned the drill up. Used Canned air. Plugged it in. It still runs great.
This drill will drive that five inch hole saw without balking, or break my wrist trying.
Insert Tim Taylor gfaw here.

Need to get some paint to touch up cut edges.
Any recommendation. Corrosion resistance being paramount. Heat resistance required.

Automotive lighting Gas Automotive exterior Audio equipment Bumper

Gas Auto part Composite material Machine Rim

Reactions: Szumi

· Premium Member
37,658 Posts
Snowing now.

Oh, well...
Wassamattayou? Its raininen here.
I thought you already made the necklace and had it hidden in the house. Whats up with that?
Naw, I never had a dull moment here where I could rummage thru her joolery like a thief looking for a necklace to hang it on. Being too cheap, err, thrifty, to buy another proved to be a wise thing. She said she's got it covered.

RIP Tubbys XIX & XX, ya filthy animals. Wasted one round on a queek red headed one whereas it it turned and climbed 3" from POI during the time it took for the boogerhook to receive the signal and pull the trigger and yet I was well aware of it, beat me to the draw if you will. The reds are very good @ it and are more high strung and nimble than the grays IMO. Dunno which is faster in the 50' dash though.

· Registered
2,836 Posts
Half a 'test' to see if my 'puter still werks. Looks like it does, so will add that my normal components supply guy had some .17 HMR Hornady 17gr VMAX ammo for the first time in a very long while so I ordered four boxes of 50 for just over $60 or 30¢ a round. Ouch! I don't recall what I pd. back when, but it was well below that! I'm well set now, and they will complement the A17 ammo already in hand.

It's 76° @ 2 P, wind SW 15 G 22 under a few clouds and RH has burned off to 60%. Bottom will fall out later tonight and low is forecast to hit 36. High for tomorrow is forecast to only be 51, but I plan to shoot in it just the same. Nothing in particular, perhaps a few more green course sporty clays or some skeet. Weekend is forecast to be back in the 60's, so may shoot more winter league targets then.

Need to get back to yard werkin'.

14141 - 14160 of 17949 Posts