Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

The Watering Hole

303337 Views 18172 Replies 115 Participants Last post by  wookness
WELCOME TO THE WATERING HOLE

A stress-free place to gather and share whatever is on your mind! A fun place of mutual respect where you can hang your hat, vent, relax and shoot the bull for a while!

Happy Easter to all who celebrate that faith.

To all others, Happy Spring!

Easter symbolizes a new beginning, so it is fitting that TWH has a new beginning as well!
Along with RFC, TWH has been remodeled!

Actually, it can be anything you imagine it to be!

I am happy to announce that due to the increased bandwidth of the new RFC, there is no longer a need for the weekly closing and re-opening of TWH!!! After 10+ years of weekly "flipping" we now get to keep the doors open continuously! My sincere thanks to our moderators, especially Sophia, for making this possible!

I would also like to thank all the members who have kept this boat afloat for so long! We have become like family here, and now have a permanent residence! (y) While we have many long-time members who have been enjoying the company found in this amazing virtual bar, we also welcome all new folks. Jump right in! The first drink is always on the house and Veterans always have an open bar!
Al The Infidel (Tubby Slayer extraordinaire) is the bar manager.

So, let's get this re-opening celebration going! Set 'em up, Al! Drinks all around!!!
10581 - 10600 of 18173 Posts

· Premium Member
3,401 Posts
Stopped by Harbor Fright and picked up a hand truck. Rated at 600#, I wouldn't put more than 300# on it but it is cheap enough and it will be handy in my declining years. Need to buy a bottle of slime to put in the tires so I don't have to pump them up every time I use it. Slime is good stuff.

Home Depot didn't text me that my water heater was in, I had to log in and czech status. It came in not destroyed and was on a cart for my ez transport to my car. Cart retriever saw me with it and came over to helped me get it into my Escape. Getting it out and into the garage was no problem as gravity was working my way.

Tomorrow, after work, I'll pick up the bits to do the installation, need a pan to put under it, a couple 3/4 npt to pex whips, some 3/4 pvc conduit, and pex connectors. Then I'll make some groceries.

Speaking of groceries, I stopped by Meijers this morning and after an upgrade, none of their registers could process my debit card. Thankfully I had enough cash in my wallet. I'll visit WM in the morning for my snacks for work.

Fog this morning was so bad I missed my entrance to the plant and had to take the last one.

I'm with you Szumi about being able to move stuff in declining years. I picked up a hand truck as well a few years back. Mine has a curved back, great for 5 gallon buckets, and round trash cans, and also straight sided valuale stuff that is wider than the uprights. Got a really good deal on an appliance dolly not long ago, so picked that up too.

Needed a motor for a jointer, and ended picking up an old Delta combination table saw/jointer combination, just for the motor, as it was cheaper than I could find a motor alone. I believe the table saw is 9 inch and has a tilting table, that to me is awkward to use. Large Delta 3/4 HP motor and the old Delta stand is welded. The whole combination is a real beast. 4 inch jointer isn't too bad to handle, but even broken into pieces, the other parts can be a bear to handle, especially the stand. Will probably find a new home for the saw part of the combo, as I don't like the tilting table. Have a Delta splayed leg stand designed for the 4" jointer. The double ended shaft motor will get used. I'll keep the heavy duty welded stand that is on casters. It would probably work for about a 14 inch bench top drill press.

· Premium Member
3,889 Posts
Those old Delta 9” Contractor saws were great!
I don’t miss the days of loading my beast 10” Rockwell saw into back of truck every day. Along with it was the miter saw, air compressor, saw horses miter saw stand and nail guns. If it was going to rain unload when home and do it all over again the next day. Very seldom were tools left hidden at job sites as the punch list guy! My time started when I loaded tools and stopped when home again waiting for the next assignment the following morning.

· Premium Member
3,401 Posts
Those old Delta 9” Contractor saws were great!
I don’t miss the days of loading my beast 10” Rockwell saw into back of truck every day. Along with it was the miter saw, air compressor, saw horses miter saw stand and nail guns. If it was going to rain unload when home and do it all over again the next day. Very seldom were tools left hidden at job sites as the punch list guy! My time started when I loaded tools and stopped when home again waiting for the next assignment the following morning.

Use to have a Delta 10 inch contractors saw. Was helping a contractor friend part time building a house, when his cheap table saw burned up. We took my new saw to the job sight for a few days 40 years ago. It never came home.

The one I picked up kind of looks like this. There is no fence or guard, and the table tilts, not the blade. The stand that came with it was was factory welded. I haven't seen many pictures of those welded stands rather than bolted stands, and don't know what years they were used. I already had a Delta 4 inch jointer, and needed a motor and this came up in my search. So, now have two of the 4 inch jointers. One will go to my brother or one of my son in laws.

Table Wood Gas Machine Auto part

Reactions: Hawkeye57

· Premium Member
3,378 Posts
TGIF! I stopped at homedespot and picked up a couple 2x4-8's, a stick of conduit, and other things. Only three check out lanes staffed and one was not working so call it two. Self check out has been down for a couple weeks. Trying to navigate a cart with 10' conduit on it sucks when going down the normal check out with all the in aisle displays. The conduit only fit in my escape by bending it. My Saturn SL1 sedan could take a 10' 2x4 w/o any problems. That was disappointing.

I just flipped the breaker to off for the a/c. It's schedule and the furnaces schedule are in conflict. I hope I need the A/C again this year but I don't expect it.

Washing another load of laundry with cold water detergent.

The Green Giant frozen vegetable entrees that I like will run out tomorrow, they will be on sale again on Sunday. :) I timed it right. I wish I had a bigger freezer.

· Premium Member
37,727 Posts
Almost leaf peeper hunting season?
Shick shick! :)
I'm with you Szumi about being able to move stuff in declining years. I picked up a hand truck as well a few years back. Mine has a curved back, great for 5 gallon buckets, and round trash cans, and also straight sided valuale stuff that is wider than the uprights.
Yeah that. I put a board across the foot for carrying wide tippy stuff @ the shack. On another I bolted a thick sheet of aluminum as the foot wasn't big enough for more bulky stuff.

Fingers ran out of steam and the back was screaming when I quit with less than 1/5 of the boat left to cleaner wax out.
Never put up a salted boat trailer for the winter w/o a good rinse first(no choice on that one) nor unthinkingly use muriatic acid on the trailered boat for a couple years w/o paying attention to the steel trailer ya infidel maroon! Old paint still has a bit of shine to pop thru though. Until I went to hell 13yrs ago it was waxed inside and out once or twice a year, the poor inanimate object of my affection. :rolleyes:

Traffic was the worst ever in my life seen this time of year with lots of putt-putting parades in the high 60ºs.

Wood Font Material property Gas Paint

· Premium Member
3,401 Posts

· Premium Member
3,401 Posts
Shick shick! :)

Yeah that. I put a board across the foot for carrying wide tippy stuff @ the shack. On another I bolted a thick sheet of aluminum as the foot wasn't big enough for more bulky stuff.

Fingers ran out of steam and the back was screaming when I quit with less than 1/5 of the boat left to cleaner wax out.
Never put up a salted boat trailer for the winter w/o a good rinse first(no choice on that one) nor unthinkingly use muriatic acid on the trailered boat for a couple years w/o paying attention to the steel trailer ya infidel maroon! Old paint still has a bit of shine to pop thru though. Until I went to hell 13yrs ago it was waxed inside and out once or twice a year, the poor inanimate object of my affection. :rolleyes:

Traffic was the worst ever in my life seen this time of year with lots of putt-putting parades in the high 60ºs.

View attachment 333464

This is the one I got. Milwaukee Pail Hand Truck - 800lb Capacity

Tire Wheel Sports equipment Rolling Tread

· Premium Member
3,401 Posts
Took Red for spine and back therapy. Why does a spine clinic have a 9 step entrance from the parking lot? Finally found the hidden ramp behind the bushes, and its a long one.

Got an email yesterday afternoon that the accessory rails and uprights for my yet to purchase work bench were shipping with expected delivery next Thursday. Tracking says it is still waiting to be picked up by the carrier. Got home this evening, and there is a big long heavy box sitting on my front porch. Eating a late supper first, then will deal with it.

Passed by the one man ceramic detail shop and saw the guy outside. Stopped to ask if he cleans up frosted headlights. Too much $$$$ for me, but the guy is very good at what he does. There are some nice cars that stay at his shop which he had pulled outside. 93 Viper, 22 Corvette, and 23 Corvette. the Vettes had different body styles. The overhead door was open, and he told me to go in and check out the car all the way to the back. 1975, 2 door Cadillac Eldorado convertible with a bit over 50k original miles. Niice.

· Premium Member
37,727 Posts
What do you guys think of this tshirt design? not finished

View attachment 333478
Should be Floridian tourists no?
Thats the one I put a board across the foot to carry multiple gas cans down the hill and to the boat to refill the floating bucket of rivets.

I informed the Finn she got me the hockey package for our 40th. She got off cheap.

I can hear the band playing @ my HS alma mater for their homecoming game on a star strewn 55º evening.

· Premium Member
37,727 Posts
Took Red for spine and back therapy. Why does a spine clinic have a p step entrance from the parking lot? Finally found the hidden ramp behind the bushes, and its a long one.

Got an email yesterday afternoon that the accessory rails and uprights for my yet to purchase work bench were shipping with expected delivery next Thursday. Tracking says it is still waiting to be picked up by the carrier. Got home this evening, and there is a big long heavy box sitting on my front porch. Eating a late supper first, then will deal with it.

Passed by the one man ceramic detail shop and saw the guy outside. Stopped to ask if he cleans up frosted headlights. Too much $$$$ for me, but the guy is very good at what he does. There are some nice cars that stay at his shop which he had pulled outside. 93 Viper, 22 Corvette, and 23 Corvette. the Vettes had different body styles. The overhead door was open, and he told me to go in and check out the car all the way to the back. 1975, 2 door Cadillac Eldorado convertible with a bit over 50k original miles. Niice.
Surprised you didn't build your own work bench and no car pix to boot? :oops:

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood

10581 - 10600 of 18173 Posts