Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

The Watering Hole

457765 Views 26244 Replies 133 Participants Last post by  COW 54
WELCOME TO THE WATERING HOLE

A stress-free place to gather and share whatever is on your mind! A fun place of mutual respect where you can hang your hat, vent, relax and shoot the bull for a while!

Happy Easter to all who celebrate that faith.

To all others, Happy Spring!

Easter symbolizes a new beginning, so it is fitting that TWH has a new beginning as well!
Along with RFC, TWH has been remodeled!

Actually, it can be anything you imagine it to be!

I am happy to announce that due to the increased bandwidth of the new RFC, there is no longer a need for the weekly closing and re-opening of TWH!!! After 10+ years of weekly "flipping" we now get to keep the doors open continuously! My sincere thanks to our moderators, especially Sophia, for making this possible!

I would also like to thank all the members who have kept this boat afloat for so long! We have become like family here, and now have a permanent residence! (y) While we have many long-time members who have been enjoying the company found in this amazing virtual bar, we also welcome all new folks. Jump right in! The first drink is always on the house and Veterans always have an open bar!
Al The Infidel (Tubby Slayer extraordinaire) is the bar manager.

So, let's get this re-opening celebration going! Set 'em up, Al! Drinks all around!!!
See less See more
Reactions: 5
1 - 20 of 26245 Posts
Jesus Christ is risen!!!
People in nature World Natural landscape Happy Plant

Mark 16:1-6 KJV
[1] And when the sabbath was past, Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James, and Salome, had bought sweet spices, that they might come and anoint him. [2] And very early in the morning the first day of the week, they came unto the sepulchre at the rising of the sun. [3] And they said among themselves, Who shall roll us away the stone from the door of the sepulchre? [4] And when they looked, they saw that the stone was rolled away: for it was very great. [5] And entering into the sepulchre, they saw a young man sitting on the right side, clothed in a long white garment; and they were affrighted. [6] And he saith unto them, Be not affrighted: Ye seek Jesus of Nazareth, which was crucified: he is risen; he is not here: behold the place where they laid him.
See less See more
  • Love
Yard mowed before the weekend and allergies have been beating me up since. Body aches galore. Still need to get in the attic again. One more cable run so we have hookups in every room, plus I need to replace one cable with a better quality one while I’m up there. More ibuprofen to help with the added aches and pains afterwards.

Automotive tire White Line Font Cable
See less See more
Reactions: 1
Had I known ahead of time that I would be relocating the modem/router to the top of the kitchen cabinets, I would have looked for a lower profile one. That said, it looks a lot more obvious in this picture than in person. Obviously you’re not normally walking through there looking up towards the ceiling.

I might be able to make a wooden shelf that would allow me to lay it on its side and still be open for ventilation. Not on my priority list at the moment though.

View from up above. I put the connections plate as close to the cabinet as I could get it so everything would be low enough to not see (except for that tall modem end🧐).

I was going to wire an outlet up top too, but the extension cord isn’t bugging me enough to seriously consider that at the moment. It hides nicely behind the refrigerator. If I do the outlet later, there’s an outlet 16 inches to the right of my connections plate and approximately 4 feet down that I could tie into fairly easily.

Just for fun, I put the modem on its side……

A simple slightly elevated and ventilated platform wouldn’t be that hard to make! 😃

Brent
See less See more
Hey I am back!!! here with Don and Jetgirl!!!
You know what they say! POIDH ;)

Edit: Never mind! I see you now. The rumors of my demise are greatly exaggerated | Rimfire Central Firearm Forum

JetGirl, Lastshot, & Don

Welcome back! Hang around now. We could use some more new/old faces around here. :)

Brent
See less See more
Reactions: 2
Drill a small hole in the top of the back of the cabinet and a small hole in the bottom back and staple the cable to the back of the inside of the cabinet and out the bottom. Nice and neat. No one will ever see the hole in the top or bottom.
That would work, but I would have the modem cord and Lutron bridge cord running through. Plug on the extension cord is too big to run through.

Brent
Good morning all!

I just ran across something regarding membership fees. If you are signed up for your membership to be automatically renewed and paid more than the current $20 fee, you will be billed the old higher rate automatically unless you cancel your subscription. Your membership will continue until the expiration date and resigning up will be at the current price. I know that I paid $40 in December for the “Bronze” level. Gold and Silver were much higher. I would hate to think of someone continuing to pay $100 or more for a level that no longer exists. From what I understand, it’s a flat $20 fee for membership. Anyway, I just wanted to give a heads up in case there are any signed up to auto renew their memb

Font Screenshot Number Multimedia Media

Font Screenshot Number Rectangle Terrestrial plant

Brent
See less See more
Reactions: 4
The baby blues are doing good. Morning temps have been a bit chilly, but mama blue is keep them fed and warm. Papa blue helps with the feeding as well.
Vertebrate Bird Mammal Liver Twig
See less See more
No need to make the font color debate a bigger deal than what it was. Everyone is adjusting to the new format and I would venture to say that wook wouldn’t want anybody to have a hard time reading his posts. Those font colors that NoNewTricks shared have options there that would look good in dark or light mode. 👍

Brent
I just got a surprise that I wasn’t expecting! It was really cold and frosty this morning, so I was wondering how the baby bluebirds were doing. If you remember my first picture post, there was one of the five eggs still unhatched. Then yesterday the picture showed four babies and no egg. Today there are five babies.
Plant Organism Twig Bird nest Bird

I guess there was another under the four yesterday.

Vertebrate Bird Mammal Liver Twig

Brent
See less See more
Reactions: 3
Good news on the 5th BB Brent.
Thanks Brian. A pleasant surprise for sure! We didn’t have any survive last year, so we really have our hopes up for these.
Breakfast eaten. Been watching the parent blues bringing breakfast to the kids. Phoebe has been at the window watching with whiskers quivering and making chattering sounds. Cute when she stands up next to the window and looks like she is trying to dig her way through it.

Off to work. Y’all have a great day!!!

Brent
Spent the evening with Sabrina and her parents watching a play at a theater in a nearby town. Anne of Green Gables. They did a good job. The sound guys could have done better, as the volume was too low for older folks. Winding down a little before heading to bed.

Cell phone pic before the play started. No pics or videoing allowed once it did.
Furniture Chair Lighting Purple Curtain

Good night all!

Brent
See less See more
Reactions: 2
I decided to get some pics of the parent blues this morning. The babies are doing well at 10 days old. Feathers are developing.
Bird Beak Feather Twig Songbird

Bird Beak Feather Twig Wing

Bird Beak Feather Songbird Tail

Bird Beak Feather Twig Tail

Natural material Bird nest Wood Twig Nest

Brent
See less See more
Great pictures Brent. Thank you.
Thank you Brian! 🙂
Fun pics of the 'Blues' family, Brent! The bride enjoyed them too. Looking at their nest one can easily see how nature showed early primitive's how to weave baskets. It's an easy supposition to posit, that.
Thanks wook! What we see several times a day. I have noticed that the parent blues are more aggressive towards me when I inspect the nest box. I suspect they have become more aggressive from battling the house sparrows the last few years. They even ran off the tree swallows that they surrendered a nest box to last year. I’m contemplating putting up another nest box in the back yard. There are bluebirds back there too. I just don’t want to encourage any house sparrows though. We’ll see! 🤷‍♂️

Brent
Great pictures of the bluebirds! I'm still trying to get a pair to move into my bluebird house.
Thanks Szumi! These came fluttering at the living room window begging me to put out a nest box. I guess we’ve spoiled them so much that they expect us to provide free housing now. I’m just happy they don’t vote. 🤣

Brent
1 - 20 of 26245 Posts