Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

The Watering Hole

303337 Views 18173 Replies 115 Participants Last post by  Al the Infidel
WELCOME TO THE WATERING HOLE

A stress-free place to gather and share whatever is on your mind! A fun place of mutual respect where you can hang your hat, vent, relax and shoot the bull for a while!

Happy Easter to all who celebrate that faith.

To all others, Happy Spring!

Easter symbolizes a new beginning, so it is fitting that TWH has a new beginning as well!
Along with RFC, TWH has been remodeled!

Actually, it can be anything you imagine it to be!

I am happy to announce that due to the increased bandwidth of the new RFC, there is no longer a need for the weekly closing and re-opening of TWH!!! After 10+ years of weekly "flipping" we now get to keep the doors open continuously! My sincere thanks to our moderators, especially Sophia, for making this possible!

I would also like to thank all the members who have kept this boat afloat for so long! We have become like family here, and now have a permanent residence! (y) While we have many long-time members who have been enjoying the company found in this amazing virtual bar, we also welcome all new folks. Jump right in! The first drink is always on the house and Veterans always have an open bar!
Al The Infidel (Tubby Slayer extraordinaire) is the bar manager.

So, let's get this re-opening celebration going! Set 'em up, Al! Drinks all around!!!
1 - 20 of 132 Posts

· Premium Member
8,411 Posts
At this point not a clue, thinking I know why the rifle with this barrel was for sale so cheap though, I sent the barreled action off to Randy at CPC, installed it in its current stock then promptly forgot about it until recently and decided to take it to the range with the other 10/22's. So far its the worst shooting 10/22 I've every owned.

and as it is now...

I'm open to suggestions.
Easy peasy. Just send it on out to me, I'll check it out for you for a few years and will let you know if I find anything. No charge to yourself, of course , except for shipping .
😁

· Premium Member
8,411 Posts
Same line likely hit us as the better half and I were finishing up a grocery store run, always fun. Rained hard for a little while but not enough to wash away the pollen, just made a mess with it puddling up everywhere.

Have three folks in supposed need, one a fellow with roof problems wanting the Church to help him out, got info on someone who may be able to help but he doesn't have time for me to come by with it (double amputee who never gets out).

Another Gent doing food services for the needy who doesn't have time to meet me at the Church to pick up more than a dozen frozen whole chickens and several cases of canned goods which are surplus to us, he's canceled appointments three times now.

A woman emailed me (no idea where she got my personal email) wanting food as her Food Stamps have been cut, told her we can do an emergency distribution and then set her up for our regular distribution, she's set and then canceled picking up the food twice now.

Sometimes you just wonder why....

When you can't give away the necessities of life to "needy" people, maybe they aren't so needy after all. Something wrong with the system here.

· Premium Member
8,411 Posts
In... 44 degrees, slightly raining.

Think I'll go back to bed for a while.

czech the logo on the rudder... View attachment 301862
Someone has a great sense of humor.

A rainy morning here in Wyoming. Lovely Bride and I are off to Walmart for the usual stuff. It's a 55 mile round trip, I figure it costs us about 12 bucks in fuel to get over there and back so now we make a list and only go every couple of weeks or so.

· Premium Member
8,411 Posts
After the Walmart run this morning we stopped to inventory the local farm and ranch store. Place has a pretty good gunsnammo department. Shelves groaning under the weight of loaded ammo, reloading components minus primers, .22 ammo galore but mostly bulk brands , all at around 10 cents a round. Left it for the next guy. Loads of handguns, rifles and shotguns, non-scalping prices. Maybe things are looking up a little.

· Premium Member
8,411 Posts
Living in the Land of Restrictions we've become used to getting stopped at the door. This time one of their guys comes out, asked for my drivers license, the state-mandated Firearms Safety card, and a second form of ID. All this before I'm allowed inside. I wander back to my car, grab my registration. He scrutinizes everything document. Good news is I am me - woo, glad to find that out. Asked me why am I here? Told him to look at some pistols. Invites me in. Three steps inside and I'm told to "wait here". He takes my collection of identification, placed them on the counter in front of a coworker, then motioned me over. This second guy scrutinized them. Again, I'm still me ... confirmed! I look at a couple of pistols and that's it. I'm out of there and probably not planning to go back for a long time. No one was rude but it sure didn't blow my skirt up in the Warm Welcome Department.

Thank you, God, for giving me Wyoming for my home.

Sorry you have to live like that, GB, hard for most of the rest of us to comprehend.

· Premium Member
8,411 Posts
Jnyork is the warden making you clean up your horde? I notice you posting a few things in the for sale section.
Naw, just some spring cleaning, getting rid of stuff I no longer need nor want. I have a ton of old gun books to get rid of, some American Rifleman mags from the 1930's, just miscellaneous stuff. Stay tuned. ;)

· Premium Member
8,411 Posts
Four hours of toil at the

I know I'm going to end up pulling a bunch of this stuff. I need to order a collet pulling die.
Recommendations? Hornady, RCBS, . . . other.
I have used an RCBS bullet puller for years, never a problem EXCEPT with cast bullets. Lead bullets are slick, the lead acts as a lube, they slip right out of the collet without budging from the case. I use an RCBS inertia puller for lead bullets.

· Premium Member
8,411 Posts
If we go out we eat early because it's calmer, much quieter, and the service is usually better. Paying good money to sit amidst a cacophonous mob not being able to hear each other speaking in normal tones is more punishment than pleasure.

Grampa
This.

Also, many only eat twice a day, some by preference, some by not being able to afford three.

· Premium Member
8,411 Posts
Hope your wife gets to feeling better Phil. 🙏

On a different thought, I’ve grown to despise the big Oak trees around my house. Oak tassels this time of year stop up the gutters nearly as bad as leaves. And there’s a big Scarlet Oak behind the house that has limbs hanging over the drive way and keep the car covered with tassels and pollen. Grrr.
Got a chainsaw?

· Premium Member
8,411 Posts
Why does it seem like some of you old farts are busier on the dole and eating pineapple than when you were working?

Well, it's true. I don't know how the heck I ever got anything done when I was working. Being retired just means rerouted to other work.

You working stiffs keep slaving away and contributing to the dole so we retired old farts can continue living our opulent lifestyles. We thank you.

1 - 20 of 132 Posts