Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

The Utah Mountain Man

337 7
Mike Hanson sez:
-------------
Joe, Here are some scores, I kind of feel guilty shooting in such lovely weather. I should have shot more, but I have been to Rendezvous this month, I have been shooting my Flintlock trying to hold still enough to hit something smaller than a 5 gal, bucket at 50 yds. I did manage to win the mens pistol shoot, and took third in Smooth Bore.
-------------
50yd. outdoor (BAB)
223-0X Mike Hansen, LaVerkin Utah.
CZ, Lilja Barrel, Stith stock, Weaver T36
Fed. 510 Lightning (BAB)
65 deg., sunny, no wind to speak of, terrible mirrage.
-------------
25yd outdoor (BAB)
247-11x Mike Hansen, LaVerkin Utah.
CZ. Weaver T36. Fed. 510 Lightning (BAB)
Lilja barrel, Stith stock,
70 deg., sunny, light breeze
25yd. outdoor
250-12X Mike Hansen, LaVerkin Utah.
CZ, Lilja barrel, Stith stock, Weaver T36
Eley Trainer
65deg., sunny, light breeze
-------------
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Got lucky with that box of Trainer.

The chamber on this rifle is tight enough that I could feel a difference in the way the rounds chambered with the Fed. Lightning, and I shot anything that didn't feel right into the backer.
Shot an 8 low that I think was the ammo, and the 9 was me.

Mike Hansen

·
Registered
615 Posts
Very good scores as usual, Mike. So the BAB stuff shoots pretty good in your Lilja barrel? It gives me the willys to put the cheap stuff in mine. I had a misfire in my Time with Xperts once, and the round wouldn't come out, so I had to drive it out by inserting a rod down the muzzle. That's the last time I put anything crudier that Wolf or Trainer in it or my Sako. But I tell you, that's a mighty good BAB score. I can't break 240 with my factory CZ shooting BAB.

·
Registered
16,533 Posts
I'm with you Forester,
I can't bring myself to put cheap ammo through my Ruger. Thats why I shoot my Romainian in the BAB matches....Besides it shoots that Fed 510 pretty darn good. JL aka HB

·
Registered
45 Posts
I can't see any difference between the the lead bullet in the Lightnings and the Gold Medal Match, and they chamber about the same. I wouldn't shoot any copper coated rounds in my match barrels, but I had to see how well the Lightnings would shoot at least once.
I bought a carton of expert once, once was enough.

JL, You seem to make any ammo in any gun shoot pretty darn good. If you had a full blown bench rifle, a BOLT gun you would put the rest of us to shame.
You should shoot that Romanian in the Plinker class in the Postal Matches. Your 50yd. score would have been good enough to win.

Mike Hansen

·
Registered
16,533 Posts
Thanks Mike,
I don't attribute my scores to skill. I call it luck! The 250 19x I shot this month could have very easily have been a 249 or lower. That box of Wolf just didn't have any flyers in it......JL aka HB

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.