Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello - I have been looking at your forum site for a few months now and have enjoyed your very interesting views and ideas in what must be the best and must informative site there is on the Ruger 10/22.

I have built a number of 10/22 variations over the last couple of years based mainly around the Volquartsen types. But the main reason for posting is that I wanted to share my latest project with you.
The 10/22 I have just finished is based around the stainless MOA corp reciever which has been threaded to take a Shilen barrel again threaded into the reciever, rather than the regular clamp.
The bolt has been modified by chamfering the rear end and lightly machined on the underside to ensure a smooth action.To complete the action I have added an extended bolt handle and a titanium extractor claw. I have put in an STI drop in trigger unit which enables me to adjust for trigger pull, reach, over travel and let off, this includes an extened mag release. The whole unit I have bedded into a Zero Shark stock and placed a Leupold 6.5 - 20 x 40 EFR scope on top with leupold single piece mounts.

Off to the range tomorrow to see if all is ok !!

will post some pics soon

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi A- Rob,

No I removed the rear lug on the reciever, and bedded the rear of the action. The action is very stable and I have no movement, as there usually is on the shark stocks !!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The STI trigger is made in the States, They are available over here in the UK at £275 about $183 check out www.rimfiremagic.co.uk. The trigger works great and I am sure that it is the same as the Kidd ?? Trigger pull I have not messed around with yet but I am sure that .5lb could be achieved, but not recomended.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.