Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
121 - 140 of 323 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,074 Posts
<iframe width="480" height="360" src="
" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

·
Registered
9,011 Posts
A young woman wrote a song in the early 1960's after having a nightmare about nuclear destruction. She didn't know anything about copyright protection and it took 20 years or more before she got credit for being its author. Bonnie Dobson.

I purchased the first album by a group that would soon become famous. They had recorded her song and I thought it the best on the album.

Several years would pass and while in the Army at Ft. McClellan, AL I was able to slip away on a Sunday in May 1970 to see the band in Atlanta. The concert was in an old sports arena, not very heavily attended and is now one of their legend concerts because no one recorded it, no one took photos, no one made a set list. I don't remember the list either. They played a long time....2 1/2 plus hours and since their equipment hadn't arrived they had borrowed the gear used from a little known local band. After a typically long set they invited the band to join them onstage for more music....the Allman Brothers and they continued their jam until an amp blew up. The band leader stepped to the microphone and said "thanks to everyone for coming, I'm taking that as a sign from God it's time to end this gig." And that was that. Two months later I would find myself in Vietnam......what a long, strange trip it's been. 1917

Bonnie Dobson's song;

121 - 140 of 323 Posts