Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

the other bullets

605 Views 6 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  Puddle Rat
Was wondering why the 17m2 wasn't offered in the 20 gr. bullets offered in the HMR ? Also , is it possible for the manufacturers to make a mtach grade ammo for the 17's , or is it as good as it gets ? Don't get me wrong , my 17's shoot excellent , just wondering if it could be better .
claketyclak
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
67 Posts
claketyclak said:
Was wondering why the 17m2 wasn't offered in the 20 gr. bullets offered in the HMR ? Also , is it possible for the manufacturers to make a mtach grade ammo for the 17's , or is it as good as it gets ? Don't get me wrong , my 17's shoot excellent , just wondering if it could be better .
claketyclak
IMO, all the bullets for the hmr will be available for the mach 2 also, just a matter of time!

· Registered
2,923 Posts
claketyclak said:
Also , is it possible for the manufacturers to make a mtach grade ammo for the 17's , or is it as good as it gets ? claketyclak
A match grade ammo would be nice. I can't help but believe the fliers we all seem to get are an ammo problem.

· Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
MKnarr , can't speak for everyone else , but if it made as much diferrence as it does in the 22's , I'm all for it . If you let your ammo cache run out and have to buy from a local dealer , you will pay 16.95 a box for Eley EPS Ultimate or 160.00 a brick .
claketyclak

· Registered
4,258 Posts
claketyclak said:
claketyclak
For me, it's already here. The Eley stuff shoots noticeably better for me than the CCI made stuff, ie, Hornady, CCI, Federal, etc.

Maybe not match grade, but definately worth buying and tracking down. :)

· Registered
4,258 Posts
Mark A said:
IMO, all the bullets for the hmr will be available for the mach 2 also, just a matter of time!
I believe this one as well..

Personally, I just think they don't wanna go to the 20 grain XTP/Gamepoint yet 'cause that will drop them below that magical 2000 fps mark for advertising purposes.

But I believe it would be a better round overall for hunting.
I've switched to it for 17HMR hunting, controlled expansion, less game damage.... :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.