Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hear a lot about Aguila's SSS, Colibri and Super Colibri, but I have yet to hear much of their "other" ammo.

Such as their match pistol, various sub-sonics, etc.

Ever try this stuff? Is it worth buying and paying the shipping? Thanks! steve

·
Registered
961 Posts
I'm on my first bricks of the Aguila "Golden Eagle" loadings

The Match Pistol and the Match Rifle loads. So far, my Hi Standard Supermatic Citation 7.25" barrel does very well with it. The Revolvers are indifferent... they'll shoot anything.;)
Accurate and the price is right... no problems with chambering or ignition so far.
The jury is still out on the Match Rifle... So far It appears to be good 'Target' ammo, but not quite as accurate as Wolf Match Target, but the same price range and close to the same accuracy.
I've only used this loading in boltaction LR's so far. The stuff seems to improve the accuracy of my "LR, Long, Short" chamberd rifles, like my Savage 3-S, but dosen't drive tacks in the Match chamberd rifles like the Winchester 52...... Going to have to shoot more if this in more of my .22's. So far :t for target shooting if I can't find Wolf.:)

·
Registered
818 Posts
Good For Me

I got the Match Pistol and it shoots fine but smells kind of sweet. Not everyone is happy with Aguila, duds,bad groups and dirty burning have been common complaints. Lots of others have had good luck however. The price is right and certainly worth a try.

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
Their standard Vel is one of my CZ's favorite loads.
Paul

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.