Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

The new 3.0 is deadly

2K views 33 replies 24 participants last post by  dufferDave 
#1 ·
I finally wore out my original salt gun. Don’t know how many it took over the last few years, but it was a lot!
Picked up the 3.0 version this morning. This one is better than the first. I have sent 17 pesky flies to the afterlife so far today while out on the patio grilling.

Bring it on flies!

See less See more
#20 ·
These are apparently a lof of fun and are quite practical. My son and his friends are renting a really old house while away at college. No central air. The windows are always open and they have a major bug problem. While visiting, I was purchasing supplies, (like food) for him at the grocery store. He picked up 3 cartons of Morton's salt. I asked why so much salt? He said they needed to stock up on ammo for the rest of the semester.

His current one is version 2. We will have look into upgrading to the latest and greatest.

#25 ·
My original was getting onto it's last legs last summer. I'll have to look into the new version. I don't know about anyone else's efforts with yellowjackets but one was enough for me. It just made it mad. In fact it struggles with horseflies if they are 3 feet away.

So far it has been an extremely cool spring and flies are few and far between. No worries though. They will be here eventually.

#26 · (Edited)
I have the 3.0 version and the fact that it has a manual safety is a plus. You do not have to take the safety off every time you cock it like the 2.0 version does.
I bought the laser for it thinking that at the price point I was paying that it would be very flimsy but to my surprise it has held up rather well actually. I have put a lot of salt through mine and it is still going strong.
Just an FYI- a small sheet of aluminum foil makes a great zeroing target as you can really see the impacts of the salt.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.