Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was out groundhog hunting tonight and there was one out in the corner of a bean field right by a big ditch. I stopped on down the road a ways but she mosied back into the grass. I was going to take a poke at her with the 22-250 but she wouldn't come back out. So I thought this may be the perfect task for the Beretta. I snuck up real quiet to the ditch and cought a glimpse of her moving through the grass. She stopped right above her hole, I took aim and squeezed one, then rattled three more into her because she was so close to her hole. I was going to post a picture of her but didn't know if that was acceptable around here. I just wanted to share because I was pretty proud. I have shot them with a 22 rifle before but never a pistol.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Ya man, good job. First blood indeed....... or is it indead??

I winged a black bird in the yard a few weeks ago, but nothing to show for it. I so far have a trophy room full of paper targets and tin cans ( I wont talk about the missing stray cats;) ). Last time I bullseyed something alive, my wife was watching from the bedroom window :eek: Now she cringes when I bean the neighbors dog with a pelet gun, while it is making a pile in our yard. I am afraid that my hunding days are over :(

Oh well, back to the tin cans

happy hunting

·
Registered
21 Posts
Crazy P-Dog Carnage Mpeg

I was surfing around the web the other day and found this amazing Mpeg footage of someone vaporizing P-Dogs. I have to guess they were shooting with something a little more powerful than our Neos or an HMR17 for that matter. If anyone wants a copy of it, just email me at [email protected] and I'll send a copy to you.... It's called Gutless in Montana... A must see if you hunt P-dogs.....
I don't think this Mpeg is suitable for posting on this site but I'll send it for private viewing....

·
Registered
68 Posts
Is that the one that you can see projectiles' trails (for the lack of better term)?

I think I know which one you are talking about. It looks like he was using 25-06. I think you have to go closer to 4000fps to
see the trails.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.