Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
BTW, nice looking 12/15! I've been considering those models as well as other BSA Martini models for some time now. I peruse Simpson, LTD quite often, and there's a good chance that I looked at and considered that very same rifle :)

I hope you get much enjoyment out of it!
Nit picking time

That's a Model 15 with the rear aperture integral with the receiver, not a 12/15, which came later and had a separate, removable rear aperture sight.

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
This is one of the reasons I visit this place! I'm battin' a thousand lately, so perhaps I should either talk less, or talk about things I know more about :confused:

Thanks everyone for the edumication.

(LOL)
No big deal, just my OCD when it comes to martinis . . . . . or Mauser 22s . . . . . . . or Ruger No. Ones . . . . . . . .or :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
"That's a Model 15 with the rear aperture integral with the receiver, not a 12/15 "...........well it was 'sold' as a 12/15 and that's what is entered in my books. I 'thought' the 12 was the old without the intregal dove tail like this one...........but I'm certainly no 'expert' on them and willing to learn ;)
View attachment 331814
First came the 12, the 15, then the 12/15. They were followed by the heavy true target Internationals.
That is a Model 12 pictured above. It has a rear barrel sight in addition to the fold-down removable aperture sight. It is also distinguished by the front sling eye attached to the barrel, a straight grip and smaller buttstock, more like it's model predecessors.

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
I like them all! :D
They shoot amazingly well, especially in original form with their aperture sights.
I currently have six rimfire martinis of various ages (including a German HWZ21) and a customized cadet in 218 Bee.

I had nice Model 15, but it pretty much duplicated my 12/15 in "accuracy", style, use etc. so I sold it to a state trooper.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts