Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I took the trigger apart to install Brook's sleeve and spring kit. Getting it apart wasn't bad except for the pin where the sleeve goes.

Putting it all back together wasn't too bad either EXCEPT for that **** ball. That thing took off about 4 times. On my hands and knees looking for the ball and then getting it back in. Rough, wish that I had a third hand.

Had to hold and push down on the ball with one hand while pushing toward the barrel with the other just to line it up with the hole(s). Pushing in the temporary punch pin with my chin and tapping in the pin from the other side, I finally got it.

It sure is harder than it looks. My luck, I didn't get the rifle with the captivated ball.

But it was worth it. Wow, it's now a short, clean, light trigger. I tapped the butt on the floor several times to see if the trigger would fire but it didn't.

I used the thicker sleeve and the next to lightest spring. Now all I have to do is sight this baby in.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Only older guns (like the M4 and those made in the '60) have cative plunger. Newer ones all have free ball. You can replace it with M2 socket head screw, cut to length and the head modifed a bit. Much easier to handle than the ball.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.