Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
20,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow. When it starts, it really goes quick. Need to get measurements, etc at the Eye Doctors tomorrow morning, a pre surgery physical this thursday or friday, and they go in with the post hole digger on the 3rd.

Hope it's worth the hassle!

Oh! While I'm thinking of it, I shot two targets today for this next match.

25 yards
247-7X
Ron Starner, Indianola, Iowa (Antlurz)
10/22, Weaver T36, Wolf MT
Green Mountain 20" and Kidd Trigger
Wind wasn't a factor. Might be my last score that I can blame my eye.................. I hope.

Ron

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
I think that I can speak for most all the guys here in wishing you the best and hoping for a speedy recovery and great results.

Although, the way you shoot now, we may all live to regret it. :D GG

·
Registered
20,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ron,
Like Gordy says, best to you bud! You'll be back and shootin' in no time.

BTW....Nice shootin'! Even with the bum eye you did pretty dang good.

Keep us posted on how your doing. JL

·
Registered
20,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Therein lies the problem GG...

If I get it so that I can see the crosshairs and my score DON'T go up, what's a guy to do? Maybe I'll get that 250. I think the rifle will do it. Actually, I'm about postive the rifle will do it.

Frustrating when it doesn't fall together... :D

{More frustrating when you don't have a legitimate excuse :D}

Ron

·
Registered
204 Posts
Best wishes for a smooooooooth surgery and a speedy recovery. I'll miss your posts .... but just for a couple of days probably; I hear recovery can go quickly in many people. May you have 250-25x's on your next targets after the surgery.

P.S. Welcome to the Metamucil crowd .... cat surgery is the first symptom!

.... Retiree

·
Registered
20,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm hoping the surgery won't keep me off the puter. I can drive it with one eye, easy enuff... at least I think I can....:t

Ron

·
Registered
848 Posts
Ron,
I hope the surgery is a complete success.Just be patient and give it time to heal.:t
Mike C.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Best wishes, Ron. Hope the surgery goes perfectly, achieves the resired results & that you have a speedy recovery. All our prayers are with you.

And like Rooster Cogburn might have said "A 247 ain't too shabby for a one-eyed fat man!"

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Wish you the best of luck Ron.

Hope everything turns out OK.

·
Banned
1,160 Posts
Best wishes and all that stuff, Ron!

At least during the recovery you'll have time to brush up on your Photoshop skills :p

......and it just hit me!!! How bout's an "Opposite" match in recognition of Antlurz???? Since his rightie will be out of commission for a bit>> All the righties shoot with their left, and the south paws shoot with the right?????

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Hey Ron,

Good luck with the surgery, may all go well and right! You know the RFC crowd is pullin for ya.

As for that 250.......if it don't come right away and you kick that straight handled Kidd outta the house, he can stay at my place!!!!:D

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Hey Ron

If your catarac surgery goes anything like mine did, you'll be shooting before you know it. Yep I was a little hesitant when I did mine. I can only see out of one eye due to an injury when I was 5 years old. YEP I was scared $#%less cause I didn't have another one to fall back on.

It was a piece of cake, no problems what so ever. The only restrictions I was on after the first couple days was lifting and bending with my head below my waist.

If you catarac was as bad as mine was you are simply going to be amazed when they remove the bandages. I just couldn't believe how vibrant colors were once again.

Good luck bud, we're all pulling for ya.

Larry

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.