Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

The Anschutz Group is growing..

540 Views 9 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  Shamus
I've been coming here since 2002 and at first there weren't too many posts or regular visitors, although the ones around back then helped me immensely.

Its good to see the number of Anschutz owners and people who come to this chatroom growing. We can all learn from the contributions of others.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Yep, you guys have cost me some coin! Even as a dedicated small caliber centerfire shooter, I resisted the 17 rimfires. After all, I could load 17 Ackley Hornets for about the same cost as buying HMR ammo. Less than 2 months ago, I was offered a deal on a Savage HMR that I couldn't pass up.

Long story short, I fell *hard* for the 17 rimfires and after a stunning display of financial irresponsibility, now own a beautiful Anschutz 1717D std barrel, and more recently a 1502 bought from Champion Shooters Supply at the tail end of their special. The Annies, my first, are wonderful rifles. Thanks for all the info obtained here, and also thanks to my friend who goes by "Fireball" around here.....

Dan C

· Registered
2,236 Posts
Dan S,
Good point! :t
Annies are really in a class of one. When you cycle the bolt, you know it's an Annie. Nothing else compares. From there on, it's up hill all the way.
Don

· Registered
2,837 Posts
I lusted after an Anschutz 1413 when I was in college (a long time ago..) but couldn't afford one. Now I have more annies than I ought to, only one 1413, and it's in pieces with the bluing stripped off the metal. The stock is looking good, it's been redone, but the barrel & action were pitted, this rifle had been part of a college shooting program. Actually, I think it's pretty well used.. it's got what looks to be an erosion ring around the barrel (inside) just ahead of the chamber. Oh, well - I probably won't shoot it much, it's more of a project.

:) - anyway, welcome all you Anschutz guys. Kinda like fine women, only one Annie won't care if you have more in the closet.....

· Registered
1,028 Posts
I am another new Anschutz group member and much appreciate the assistance I have recieved on this site from various folks while researching and purchasing my Annie.........I visit here every day and usually learn something new............THANKS
glenn

· Registered
2,923 Posts
gordonmcw said:
:) - anyway, welcome all you Anschutz guys. Kinda like fine women, only one Annie won't care if you have more in the closet.....
I got my first Anschutz in 1982 and my second one last week.
I'm glad I didn't have to wait that long between fine women.:p

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.