Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Not much new to report. Test gun at 15,500 rounds and still no detectable wear. I keep expecting some but none ever shows up. Don't know if it's the teflon or the moly or both. But something is working.

Fired 1050 Remington Golden Bullet, 36 gr, hp. Out of 1050 think there was 1 dud, wouldn't fire even after being rotated, 2 or 3 that had to have a second hammerfall and 1 that had to be rotated. Also fired 100 Federal Champions, 40 gr.

Just like the last time I fired this many rounds, at around 800, 900 rounds some of the cartridges wouldn't chamber all the way and took a shove on the rear of the slide to seat them. No more than three rounds. I expect this is being caused by a build up of dirt in the chamber. Only question is the next 100 rounds slip right in. Could be a cartridge problem.???

In any event I decided to make it keep on firing w/o a cleaning and it went the full 1150 rounds. Cleaning the chamber btw seems to eliminate this altogether and I expect there should be a minor cleaning every 500 rounds or so to fully eliminate this, at least with the Remington ammo.

The P-22 seems to be firing fine and with the big red dot on I was able to keep nearly all rounds on paper at 25 yds both two handed and one handed. I can actually shoot this pistol more accurately one handed than my Ruger. I expect this is due to it's light weight. The majority of rounds were in an 8" circle. I know, don't try out for the Olympics, but not too bad for fast shooting and firing 300 rounds or so at each paper plate target.

I haven't forgotten about the slide mount red dot and still plan to pursue that along with the can. That will wrap up the mods for the test gun, then it will be shoot as long as it will go. safe shooting 1911M

·
Premium Member
8,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
525 Remington, 36 gr, hp, brass wash fired today. 1 dud. 450 Federal, 40 gr fired, 1 was too weak to cycle the slide. Ejected but apparently didn't kick the slide back far enough. There is a noticeable difference in the power of some rounds, say 20 out of 500, in the bulk stuff. They usually work, just don't have much power.

The only problem with the test gun was the safety rotated to the safe position 5 or 6 times when I first began firing. This is the first time it's ever done that. I tightened the right screw down, the left was tight, didn't move on its own any more. Must have loosened something somehow when I last took it apart for the photos on disassembly/assembly. Total rounds to date, 16,475.

At 20,000 rounds I will measure all the critical components regarding wear. I think I will then discontinue the moly/teflon and use the Rem oil w/teflon only. Every 500 rounds the gun will be cleaned and lubricated with the Rem Oil and blown dry. I will then be looking to see if any wear occurs. If not this will be good as Rem Oil is very available.

Don't believe I will ever catch Lt Riker or Crete or Lyricsdad. They shoot about 3000 rounds a week it seems. safe shooting and everyone have a good week. 1911M

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.