Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didn't expect this but here is one more lesson learned. Yesterday I found a 4 oz. can of spray Hoppe's Moly - Dry Lubricant. This product is to be shaken well, then sprayed in the barrel, etc. allowed to dry, polished etc.

Did this to the test gun including barrel sleeve, slide rails/grooves, etc.

This material looks like a thin grey primer like you would paint a car with and I don't know what the evaporative carrier is but it makes the moly stick. There is apparently no teflon in the mix. This completely hung up the test gun, slide wouldn't chamber a round, wouldn't cycle. I expect the problem is in the carrier which sticks things up.

Cleaned with Rem oil with teflon, blew dry, relubed with powder moly/teflon and gun went back to 100% operation. So, I guess avoid the Hoppes Moly in the orange and yellow can at $ 10 per four oz. 1911M

·
Registered
47 Posts
Well...

I guess that I won't touch that. I only use Rem Syn Oil With Teflon. Works great with both my guns(p22 and keltec p11).
Thanks for the heads up... and since I'm new to this forum... I'd like to thank you guys for running the P22's through hades and back, with tests to show how reliable they are.

·
Premium Member
8,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
500 more remington rounds through the test gun w/no problem. Nothing else worth reporting at this point. M6 Streamlight just will not fit the P-22 short barrel no matter how I try to figure out how to mount one. Will fit long barrel with modification to stabilizer. 1911M

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
Blade Runner P22 mode

Isn't the M6 too bulky?

I prefer the SUREFIRE G2 Nitrolon w/120 Lumens bulb mounted on a Weaver top detachable 1" cross-slot ring.

Works like a charm.

With the Tac-Mount and laser, the G2 goes where the Red Dot would for after-hours shooting.

Best of all is when the bullet crosses the path of the laser for a split second on its way to the target, and then the smoke makes the whole scene (laser, streamlight) look like something out of Blade Runner :t

·
Premium Member
8,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I bought and installed an M6 Streamlight on the old 5" gun. It fit the rail perfectly but the catch bar wouldn't line up with the P-22 catch groove. The solution would be to file a groove in the stabilizer and it would then be perfect. You wouldn't believe how this little light will light up a target at 200 feet or more. Great laser too. Serious piece of equipment.

I had so much slide wear on the old gun I didn't want to hang 280 dollars or so worth of something on it if the gun wasn't going to last and returned it. It would not stay in position on the gun as you fired it. It would walk toward the end of the barrel and eventially fall off. The shop took it back as they had recommended it and said it would work. Dang it, now that I've got the test gun shooting better than my Ruger I can't figure out a way to add it to the short gun and I don't like the 5"er. Forget the stabilizer, give me a longer slide as I really like the immediate way I can break the short gun down. Slide off and back together in under 15 sec.

On a gun with changeable grips I recommend the Crimson Trace laser. I have this system on one of my .45's and that is a really nice combo. 1911M

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.