Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I agree the .22LR Tracker has some weight to it, real barrel heavy with a full underlug. Local shop has a 6" Tracker. Curious what others have to say. I'd imagine the M94 would be less expensive?

steve

·
Registered
9 Posts
Tarus Tracker .22 Rimfire

Hey Steve, I tried one out and put about 500 rounds thru it to see if it would loosen up, but.....
The Tarus Tracker is too HEAVY and has an impossible & incurable double action pull! WHen using single action it has decent trigger let-off and is accurate. Go with a S&W Model 17 or find an old Colt Diamondback.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I love my 22 Taurus Tracker! I agree its not a good backup 22 on account of being so heavy, but when out plinking or hunting its my favorite pistol. I got mine used at a gun shop and the trigger pull (both double and single action) is excellent.

If a light gun is what you want I say go with the Ruger SP 101 in 22LR. It has a four inch barrel and you can't go wrong with a Ruger.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Go with the Tracker.

Just got the 22 Magnum.....

AND LOVE IT!!

I want to get it scoped to see exactly what it can do.

As for the trigger. Most doubles do have a heavy trigger. Wolf I believe makes the replacement springs for them.

The Smith is another choice. But I lost all interest with the Clinton years and now the quality issues that they seem to have. The Taurus was $300 less and just fit me better.

The weight was not an issue as I am used to a set of T/C's that are a good bit heavier scoped.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Model 94

Hello....

As I mentioned over in another post, I've been very happy with my Model 94 Taurus.

I've had it for a couple years now I guess and have put many, many rounds through it without a hitch.

I have the 4" blued version in .22LR, and for a plinker, it has been good to me. :t

Joe

·
Registered
277 Posts
Yes, sort of. Although Smith didn't make

a 9-shot.:) Rossi has made several J-frame size, 6-shot .22s. My first try was with a stainless one and I was disappointed with its accuracy. My next was a blued-one, and I'm pleased. Smith never did make their kit-guns with a true 3" barrel, and that's what 'balances' the best on that frame size, IMO.

·
Registered
877 Posts
.22 Tracker springs

As for the trigger. Most doubles do have a heavy trigger. Wolf I believe makes the replacement springs for them.
Yes, Wolff does have a spring kit. The kit, with three various weight hammer springs, and three various weight trigger springs, sells for (I believe) $10.50. I bought the kit and installed it in my .45ACP Tracker. I'm certainly no expert, and I had no problem installing it. What it does for the double action pull was amazing.

www.gunsprings.com/1ndex.html

As for the weight of the Tracker, yes it is heavy. But it is well balanced and "points" great. I love my .45ACP, and can't wait to get a .22lr version!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.