Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anybody been able to get their hands on one yet and if so how do they shoot and are they drilled and tapped on the reciever or do you have to mount scope like a model 62.

·
Registered
5,084 Posts
Taurus Model 63

mach,

According to the "Taurus" Web Site, the M63 uses the same barrel mounted scope base as the M62 pump: [single stud replaces barrel mounted rear sight (scout style) ]

Scope Mount Base for your Taurus Model 63

A Brace of Taurus Model 63's

Taurus Model 63 < < Link

Hope this helps....! ! :)

·
Registered
5,084 Posts
Taurus M63 Scope Mount

mach,

Being an owner of an 'original' M63, I can tell you that a receiver mounted scope would be very "up close and personal".....! ! :(

In the days before grooved receivers, the "Weaver" mounting system for the M63 put one base on the receiver and one on the barrel; both bases required the drilling and tapping of the receiver / barrel. This allowed mounting the scope somewhat forward, giving you 'some' eye relief.

I have used rifles with the 'scout' type scope mounting system, and they are very fast and handy...! ! Years ago, "Redfield" used to have a base for the M94 that mounted on the barrel; it used the rear sight dovetail slot for one mounting point, and required the D&T'g of the barrel band for the second. With this mount, you could use their 2.5X IER scope, which you used with both eyes open; believe me, it was fast....! ! I have taken game birds out of the air with it....! !

I may just look into getting the "Taurus" mount for my 'old' M63, and put an IER [Intermediate Eye Relief (9" to 17") ] scope on it. I believe both "Burris" and "Leupold" offer 2.5X to 2.75X "scout" type scopes with IER. The main drawback I see with the "Taurus" M63 mount is that it only has one attachment point, and it depends upon a tight fit to the barrel contour to keep it in alignment..... :(

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mike Ive tried the scout type and does work great i just hate the way it looks especialy what i think it will look like on the 63, Im with you on the mount i cant hardly trust just one mounting point as hard as i am on guns. What do you think about a red dot scope mounted on the reciever wouldnt look as good as a conventional but i think it would work how bout you? Thanks Mike

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.