Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Tasco target???

642 5
I am looking at either the 6-18x or 6-24x, either will work, for my 10/22 that I am accurizing. Are these scopes clear at both ends of the power settings, and do they hold their POI at all of the settings???

Thanks
AXEL
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Axel, I just purchased a Tasco Varmint/Tactical from SIR mail order. (Canadian company serving us Canucks). Its a 6 x 24 x 42 with AO, & mil-dot reticle. I have a Bushnell dusk to dawn 6x18x50 on my 10/22 now, just wanted to try a little more power & the mil-dot. I put the Tasco on, shouldered the rifle to set eye relief, I thought the coastal FOG had rolled in! I have never seen a darker scope in my life! Cranked the mag ring up, even worse! Needless to say it got shipped back the day after receipt. I'm satisfied with the Bushnell, but still looking for a little more magnification with a mil-dot without breakin the bank.

·
Registered
16,533 Posts
The Tasco Varmint/Mil-dot scopes are made in China and the optics aren't what I'd call first rate. Your best bet in a Tasco is to look for one of the older TS series made in Japan by Asian Optics. I have an 8X32-44 that is a really nice scope for the money. It ain't a Weaver or Leupold, but I paid several hundred dollars less.
Snooker has the right idea with the Bushnell. A much better scope than the Tasco and is made in Korea if it is a Banner. If its a Trophy.....well even better! JL

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Agreed with JL on the Tasco. I use a japanese built 6X24TS on my 93FVSS and it works great! I've looked through the china built Tascos and set em right back down ......... if its Tasco, it needs to say made in Japan.

Dave Z.

·
Registered
978 Posts
How about the Simmons 44Mag 801056 - 6.5-20x44mm, AO/Target Turret, Mil-Dot Reticle, Black Matte?

44Mag Scopes

I have a 44Mag that is the same except for the mil-dot reticle. I like it a lot - clear with repeatable adjustments. As I understand it the optics are Japanese but assembled in the Phillipines.

·
Registered
16,533 Posts
Brookie,
I have NEVER had a problem with a Simmons scope. They have always had clear optics and the adjustments seemed true. I can't tell you about the cheap Wally world scopes, but the higher end scopes are great scopes for the money. Same goes for Bushnell.
As long as its not made in China I think you'll be happy. G'luck JL

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.