Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(sorry if this has been covered before, but the Search is defunct while they are load testing, so...)

Ok, here's the scenario: Got started in HighPower XTC shooting. Need a *lot* of practice, especially Standing, but all positions could use some work. First thought was perhaps a match .22 rifle, perhaps a lower priced unit. May still end up going that way in the end (something like a CMP Kimber 82). The next 'tier' up is the Anschutz 64 MPR and 1903, but its a health step up $$$-wise. A lot of top competitors recommend getting a good (i.e. $$$) match air rifle to practice Offhand w/, but they are even more expensive than the match .22LR rifles!!! I'm not opposed to spending money, over the long run, but right now, that much money has a lot better uses (Ewing scope stand, Kowa spotting scope, having my match gun custom re-built, etc.)

I have a CZ452 American in .22LR that shoots quite well w/ a Weaver T6 mounted on it. The stock isn't exactly optimum for position shooting though. The idea I've got percolating around in my head is to hack up some sort of offhand/position target style stock to fit a CZ452 American. Anyone out there done such a thing, or know someone who has? Seems like the trigger guard/magazine floorplate could be a problem.

Comments, suggestions, ideas?

TIA,

Monte

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
CZ 452 modified for Position matches

Hi Monte,

Not sure if you want a "Full-blown", heavy, adjustable stock . . . or merely one that's reasonably accomodating to multi-position competition.

What I did with my CZ 452 American model a couple of years ago was to simply remove the buttplate, and replace it with Anschutz Part Nos. 4709-A Guide Base Plate, and 4709-BU1 Curved Rubber Buttplate. I had both of these on hand from an earlier changeover on my Anschutz 1907. These two parts are both still available from Champions Choice of LaVergne , TN for a total cost of around $44. They allow me to adjust the buttplate up or down approx one inch from centre position . . . Up for Prone, Centre for Sitting/Kneeling and Down for Offhand more or less !

You can reach CC at 615-793-4066 . . . ask for Bo or Homer !

Hope this helps.
Regards,
Bryan - The Fuzzy Limey

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.