Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am just researching options for the 10-22 mag. Thinking of getting one some time for hunting, but wanting to know what kind of parts i can get to make it a little better. I dont want to change barrels, just maybe get a better trigger pull. I have a power custom hammer in my 10-22 lr, do they have one for the mag? If anyone has any ideas to make a good hunting rifle from a 10-22 mag please lay it on me. Thanks

· Registered
5,438 Posts
You can use the same hammer from VQ or PC that you use for a 10/22 LR in your Mag. If the factory tube isn't to your liking then I would consider a GM barrel in a factory taper.

· Banned
7 Posts
legal

Actually Power Custom says in their printed info that they do NOT recommend using the LR hammer in a magnum (that say it can cause a multiple fire situation) But I have installed a few with no problem. I think they just are trying to protect themselves from a legal standpoint.

· Registered
2,470 Posts
buster100 said:
Actually Power Custom says in their printed info that they do NOT recommend using the LR hammer in a magnum (that say it can cause a multiple fire situation) But I have installed a few with no problem. I think they just are trying to protect themselves from a legal standpoint.
If it will happen, it will happen to me!! I put a Volquartsen in my 10/22 mag, the sear on my magnum didn't hardly have a notch in it at all, that was the problem, you can look and see if yours does, compare it to a lr, I too a sear from a 10/22lr and put in my magnum and no more problems. I think Volquartsen sells them together for the 10/22 magnum, but I would just check the sear first, I took a stone and removed whatever it was in the notch, paint, cast slag for something, it was like slag very soft and pitted, clean right up and looked like my 10/22 lr sear afterwards.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.