Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering some Talley rings for my CZ 452 (or Warne 7.3 -- the difference is $9)

Never used vertically-split rings (the Talleys), so I'd like to know if I can still use my Wheeler Engineering scope alignment and lapping kit?

If yes, and if lapping the rings fully assembled, wouldn't I need to dissasemble them (ie by untighting the bottom screw) to insert the scope, thus beating the purpose of lapping them in place?

Thanks for answeing what I know are a couple of very basic questions...

·
Premium Member
3,961 Posts
I have the Talley's on a Nikon scope and they fit very well. My impression is that the Talley's are precision machined, and at least for my installation of them, I don't see a reason to lap. I can also say they have not left marks on the scope. I do find the Talley's more trouble to install vs. Warne-style rings. But the looks of the Talley's are hard to beat. The Warne's fit either CZ rimfire rail which is a big plus. Both the Warne's and Talley's are good choices... you can't really go wrong.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.