Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well as many of you may know, I was going to suppress my Buckmark. I have since decided to go with a Ruger instead. My only decision is, do I go with the MKII or the 22/45? I like the looks of the MKII (espically with the longer suppressed barrel) but I like the mag release on the 22/45. Does anyone out there have a preference? Which one has a better trigger and are they easily worked? Thanks.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Triggers are almost the same. havent worked on a mkII but i do prefer the 22/45 grip, mag release and weight. I have shot a mkII before and prefer the 22/45. 22/45's can usually be found for cheaper too.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have a MarkII bull barrel with hogue grips, it is sweet, I replaced the sites with HAZ fiber optic...This handgun is solid and never jams or stovepipes, I do clean my guns after use. This is a well ballanced handgun, Kinda reminds me of the German Luger;)
The stock grips are horrable on your hands,plastic junk:( , The hogue mono grips are great, I also have them on my SRH 454 Casull/44 Mag...The hogue grips for the MarkII have a nice thumb rest as well. They come in righty or lefty. Aim small hit small. RAMbo.

·
Registered
419 Posts
I agree. I like the standard MkII better than the 22/45. Granted, the magazine is a little tougher to release, but once you get the hang of it, it's pretty quick. Not like you'll need to drop the empty and reload in the midst of a firefight though.

I've got the Hogue grip with finger grooves and LH shooter thumb rest, and it has made a large difference in comfortably gripping the pistol.

Just don't NOT buy the MkII series pistols because someone mistakenly tells you that they are difficult to put back together once field stripped. I've been stuck on the Hogue grips since I put one on my SRH .454 Casull revolver. What a difference in recoil absorption and general comfort. If I recall correctly, the new S&W monster has a Hogue grip, but with a hefty bubble of gel padding and rubber reinforcement in the backstrap.:t Good, all the less stuff I'll have to add or modify when I buy one. :D

Lastly, Volquartsen, the "rimfire mod experts", have quite a bit of internal parts for them, as well as barreled receivers and compensators.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Most people seem to like the MKII for the more relaxed grip angle. But I also know a couple of guys that deliberatly went out of their way to get the 45 version. Because they also shoot a 1911 and like the idea of having the same angle in the grip. The mag release isn't that big a deal as has already been mentioned. Your not likely to be doing any high speed combat style mag changes with it.
As they are both have basicly the same internal, nealy foolproof systems. The choice should really be left up to what you are personally more comfotable with, and not what any one other person tells you.
Good Luck :t

·
Registered
303 Posts
I would pick the Mark II over the 22/45 because eventually you're going to wish you could do something about the grips on the 22/45. Just about everyone I know who has a 22/45 has asked me at sometime if there is a way to do "whatever" to the grips. There is no way, without using a lot of play-dough or something, to get a thumbrest on a 22/45. I have heard rumors of one company though that is milling out the 22/45 grip frame so that 1911 grips panels can be used, but I can't confirm it. Maybe someone else can.

But if you do get the 22/45, the Volquartsen Accuraizing kit can also be installed. You just can't use the sear spring (different shape) and the bolt release (obviously) that come in the kit.

Also the barrel, receiver, and bolt are identical to the Mark II so if you could locate a complete Mark II grip frame (and Mark II mags), you could have a Mark II and 22/45 just by swiching the barrel and receiver.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've made my decision. It's going to be a MKII blued 5.5" bull barrel. I held several and it balanced well in my hand. It's on order as of yesterday. Will be breaking it down and cleaning it up, then sending it off for the "can". Thanks for all the input. :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.