Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
473 Posts
Nomenclature is everything.

where all the folks who feel that the 17 is too small for yodeldogs?
Being able to hit where your aiming is one thing, being able to aim where were you want to hit is another.
I thought I was doing good this year at 35 coyotes, until..,
I met a young guy last night who has shot 281 coyotes this season. He feels that you certainly dont need more than a 223.
Placement over power.
If the shot aint right... dont take it, its that simple.
good luck, keep hunting.

· Registered
473 Posts
The Perferator said:

And quit telling me about those that are taking coyote by the cord....aint got a one yet this year.
Perferator
I trust you were refering to my info,
in response, this 24 years old 'kid' is unemployed, lives in premium habitat with high coyote density, and is an Whitetail outfitter in season, with massive amounts permission. If all you did was hunt coyotes sunup to sundown for 7 days a week for 4 months straight.
I have about 35 this year, and a few foxes. This is an average or slightly above count. His numbers are not out of reason for a dedicated predator hunter.
When a good to excellent pelt returns $50-$70 canadian, and gas is $4.00 gallon, I say, all the power to him. He's making pith poor money per mile an hour.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.