Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Many years ago, while Andy Rooney was still on "60 Minutes", he did some man-on-the-street interviews, asking people when they had last taken a sit-down bath. I found the answers to be interesting, and the memory recently surfaced, so I thought I would ask the same question here. Personally, I haven't taken a sit-down bath for 60 years.

"Water in the well getting lower and lower.
Can't take a bath for 6 months or more.
But I've heard it said and it's true I'm shore,
That too much bathin'll weaken ya."

"Life Gets Tee-jus, Don't It?"

·
7,115 Posts
The ONLY time i'd consider a bath (vs my daily morning shower) is if I were really sick and weak, but then I'd probably just stay in bed. My last sit-in-a-tub bath was probably when I was in grade school. My wife likes to soak sometimes -- says it's very relaxing.

Doug

·
Premium Member
5,382 Posts
My beloved bride likes to take baths so we splurged 8 years ago and went hog wild on a master bathroom remodel. I got in this one with her once but it was pretty tight quartered for this fat boy so haven't been back in it since :p

Frank

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,035 Posts
Not since I was a child, been at least 70 years.

Strangely, a friend visited me here in Yuma, I set up my trailer here in the RV park for him to stay in. Pointed out to him the shower rooms and facilities, thought nothing of it . His wife told me later he complained to her about nearly drowning in the shower as he had never taken a shower in his life, only tub baths. I thought she was joking but upon being questioned she assured me it was true. The couple were in their mid 70's at the time.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Last year I traveled to pick up my new pup. The motel I stayed in had a whirlpool tub that would fit three. I filled that up and turned on the jets. It was in Wisconsin and 20 below zero outside. I only have a shower at home. It was many years since the last bath and this one felt great. I do own a wood fired sauna I use about once a week.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts