Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Tactical Solutions AR-15 upper

3067 36
Anyone seen the new Tactical Solutions AR-15 uppers? I am considering ordering one, but wanted to see if anyone had any personal experience with these....

http://www.tacticalsol.com/store/pc/home.asp
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

· Registered
456 Posts
i havent heard of a comparison of the two. i have looked at both considerably. i hear nothing but good about spikes but they are back order for like 8 weeks. and there isnt much about the TI upper. i really want a comparison of the two. the TI is a touch cheaper but back order as well.

· Registered
1,826 Posts
I have a Tactical Solutions AR-22 LT with the suppressor threaded barrel and it shoots groups with my Marlin 981T and is a blast to play with. It seems to have no preference to ammo brand or age as my 22 autoloading pistols do. The quality and reliability is worth the money, my upper was $525 and $215 for the DPMS lower with M4 adj stock.

Mine is on a DPMS lower, and I will try to post pictures later today.

· Registered
402 Posts
What kind of accuracy are you guys getting with these? I have a Bushmaster with a 9 twist barrel and a Ciener kit. At 25yds I can hit a 2-1/2in shoot n see using my Eotech. I have not tried it yet with a scope to see if it can do better. So much is made of the fact that the twist on 223's is too fast for 22's.

· Registered
1,826 Posts
It has a twist rate like my Marlin (1-16) and shoots a tad closer then the 981T does at 50 yards, at 25 yards with a red dot I could do a quarter sized group. In years past I would have easily been able do a dime sized hole. I would bet if vised it would do single hole at 25 yards with proper ammo.

I may have to get a better scope like the Barska 4x12x40 AO I have on the Marlin and see how this thing really shoot later after the summer heat and humidity is gone.

· Registered
444 Posts
Is a Rimfire AR build possible for $600.00 or less ?(Including a Dedicated Upper , Used lower, Used Furniture & small parts ...:eek: In California we can have .22's with Detachable Magazines and pistol grip... so to augment my WASR 22 I'm THINKIN ar BUILD :)

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.