Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
Just a quick question about the TI Receiver. I bought one recently to replace my ruger recived. The one I got has a removable rail and am going to put it in a RB Evo. However I cant seem to find any screws that fit to plug the wholes up with. Does anyone know what size they are and were to get something to plug them with ?

Regards

Chris

·
Registered
322 Posts
We HATE small cheap slotted screws for securing a rail to a receiver. Our machined Picatinny rail is secured to the receiver with FOUR #10 cap screws to ensure a solid, reliable mounting platform that is easy to install and remove without having to worry about stripping small screws or damaging tiny threads in the receiver.

cut and pasted from their website

4 grub screws with some loctite will fill the holes nicely and leave the top still smooth

·
Registered
322 Posts
just rung my mate that supplies all my fixings for building my bikes etc

he says that off the top of his head, the closest your going to get this side of the pond to a #10 is M5##if I get a chance I will get mine out the cabinet and run an M5 bolt to the hole and see how it fairs

·
Registered
322 Posts
just had it apart, thank god for QR scope mounts :)

anyway, with the bolt out I offered it up thread to thread with an M5 bolt, threads look good, but only got 4 on the original bolt to confirm the pitch

next step try the M5 bolt in the receiver

its a smidge tight but theres no rock or sideways movement, managed to turn the M5 bolt all the way through the hole.

I would suggest trying local fastner place for some #10 grub screws, failing that try the M5 option for yourself, for what its worth, I would be happy using the M5 option in my own gun

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
Just been looking online for some. Cant seem to find any. Is #10 a special American size ? All the uk ones seem to be M__ ?
Hey, you guys invented the "standard" measurement system! The #10 is the biggest screw size before it goes to fractional at 1/4". The factory 10/22 screws are 6-48's. That's pretty impressive that TacSol uses #10's (10-32?) but I guess that makes it a pain if you need a filler in metricland. :p

·
Registered
986 Posts
Hey, you guys invented the "standard" measurement system! The #10 is the biggest screw size before it goes to fractional at 1/4". The factory 10/22 screws are 6-48's. That's pretty impressive that TacSol uses #10's (10-32?) but I guess that makes it a pain if you need a filler in metricland. :p
#10 is not the biggest number size, there qare q couple of rare ones a #12 and a #14. In fact I believe the screw thwat holds the reciever in the stock on aq 10/22 is a #12.

·
Registered
144 Posts
CraigC is right, standard reciever scope mount screw is 6-48. A 10-32 screw will fit into an M5 nut, but a 5 mm bolt is too tight in a 10-32 nut. I work in a fastener warehouse, so I checked. Edit: just saw Tactical Innovations website, those rail screws look like 10-32.

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
Brain fart, I stand corrected. A quick look in the Brownells catalog revealed #12's and #14's in varying pitches. As well as fractional sizes down to 1/16".

But the 10/22 factory scope mount screws are most definitely 6-48.

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Hey, on the original topic, if you're having trouble getting a hold of some #10s, I'm sure someone here would be more than happy to toss some in an envelope and mail them to you.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Cheers Guys,
I have orderd some M5 and am going to see it they fit. If they dont I will order some from the states or ask someone on the forum if I send a paypal payment if they can post me some. I will keep you guys posted. hopefully the M5's will arrive tomorrow and I will give them a go.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.