Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Tactical Innovations Magazine group buy.

3038 29
Tactical Innovations Magazine group buy #2.

I recently inquired with Craig at Tactical Innovations about another group buy, for those of us who have missed out on the first one. I am starting this post to see if there is enough interest to do another. No reason to limit the buy to 30 mags, except to hurry up and get mine!;) In all seriousness, if I am able to get committments for at least 24 units, I will place the order with Craig. The following is my email with Craigs responses intermixed (Craig's responses are in italics).

[email protected] wrote:

On Wed, 22 Jun 200504:10:33 -0700 (PDT), Todd Thorpe wrote
Craig,
Are you still willing to offer this deal?

Of course. If you buy 30 at one time, $50 ea plus shipping.

If so, Do you have any objection to my selling the magazines on Gunbroker, GunsAmerica.com or
Rimfirecentral.com?

We don;t do any selling on Gunbroker, GunsAmerica.com or
Rimfirecentral.com so direct competition would not be an issue.
the RFC guys are a good group. I think there is a group buy going on at RFC
already but not sure of the specifics. Makes no difference how you
distribute them once you get the 30 min at one time. Truth is that 30 mags
go pretty fast once people see what they are getting. Most of the guys that
have done 30 piece orders, wind up getting 50+ instead when they actually
place the order.

Email if any questions, glad to help. As always, we appreciate the business.
Craig

Email me if you are in.
BigTlittleodd
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

· Registered
544 Posts
I would certainly be interested in at least one.

Does the 50 dollar cost cover shipping as well?

Are these magazines good quality? Reliable, and dependable? I don't want to waste my money on a magazine that wont function like it should.

If it was a POS, how could I send it back to get a refund? Just curious, as I have had bad luck with magazines before.

Who offered the first 'group buy' deal?

Thanks!

Good Shooting!

· Registered
733 Posts
I'm interested, maybe in 2 or 3.

First, I'd like to hear from those who've gotten and tried them first, though.

I could probably generate interest in several more among my buddies if reports are favorable.

· Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
RugerNorth said:
I would certanly be interested. Any chance you could ship one to Canada?
As long as it is legal. I imagine it is, but will check the regs and get back to you. If you know where I can find out PM or email me. Shipping is likely to be a little more.

BigTlittleOdd

· Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
nwo said:
I would certainly be interested in at least one.

Does the 50 dollar cost cover shipping as well?

Are these magazines good quality? Reliable, and dependable? I don't want to waste my money on a magazine that wont function like it should.

If it was a POS, how could I send it back to get a refund? Just curious, as I have had bad luck with magazines before.

Who offered the first 'group buy' deal?

Thanks!

Good Shooting!
HA! Shipping is NOT included. The mags are advertised at TI for an introductory price of $65 from $80 + shipping. As for the cost of shipping, I will have to work that out once I know what the cost to package and ship the mags. I am not trying to make one cent off of this. Just trying to reduce cost for getting a pair for myself and shooting buds. I will check what Craig recommends we do for the warranty. If needed I can make copies of the invoice and send it along with the magazines when I ship them.

If you have problems with any magazines you should contact the manufacturer about repairs or replacement.

BigTlittleOdd
http://www.imagehosting.us/himages/ihnp-589224thumb.jpg
http://www.tacticalinc.com/

· Registered
956 Posts
Shipping on one was $7.50, graduated for more than one and they were drop shipped from TI. check thread on first buy hereTI first buy . Now i gotta go check my PO box to see if mine made it in :D

· Registered
134 Posts
JJW said:
Everyone that wants to see a Magnum model be sure to let Craig at TI know, maybe with enough demand they might.
All you MAGNUM owners here is our chance 20 maybe 25 rounds of 22WMR or .17HMR sounds like fun to me :Blasting_

· Registered
59 Posts
jweinsteiger said:
All you MAGNUM owners here is our chance 20 maybe 25 rounds of 22WMR or .17HMR sounds like fun to me :Blasting_
I believe the the magnum issue was covered in an earlier post.
I think they need an order of 2000-3000 units to cover the production costs.

daajr

· Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
jweinsteiger said:
I could go for 2 and how about a Magnum model? :D
"I've had a few guys email about a magnum version. Problem is that a magnum one would cost way more than the LR one and too many folks are already squaking about the $65 for the LR version. To make a magnum one feasible, we'd have to do a min of 2500 of them because of the upfront casting, programming and R&D costs. And from the people that I've spoken with, most only want 1 or 2 "if the price was right". The other issue is that at the price of magnum ammo, folks dont shoot it up like LR and I've had a few people tell me 'Who would want a hi-cap for magnum?' since no one would load it up very often. Not sure how true that is but might have some merit."
This was posted in the earlier group buy and came from Craig Wheatley in an email reply to another member. As JJW posted in this thread, contact Craig directly as I have no affiliation with Tactical Innovations. I am just an enthusiast for the 10/22 and want some of these mags and learned that getting 30 at once will qualify for a price break. I don't want all 30 and want to share the savings with others who come to RFC. Offering a group buy is also a means to share and repay the goodwill demonstrated on this site. I will be dealing with all of the shipping, packaging, and handling of the magazines on my own. If anyone has technical questions about the magazines, please contact Tactical Innovations for the answers. I do not have the answers and would notwant to give one that is misleading or flat out incorrect. If you want to participate please email me or pm with the number of magazines and your zip to get an estimate on shipping (it is also easier to track requests for participants). Thanks again to everyone who has contacted me and to those who have yet to but are going to participate.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.